Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Telecommunications and Network - Conduct proactive checks on network infrastructure to ensure optimal performance and security. Support the on boarding of new devices onto the network by correctly profiling the devices using Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE). Work jointly with other IT engineers to support Microsoft technologies such as Windows Server 2022 operating systems within the VMware infrastructure and cloud environments, Active Directory, and Office 365 (O365). Identify and compile the customer's systems and telecommunications requirements. Report the findings to the Systems and Telecommunications Manger to assist with and make recommendations for the development of new or alternative solutions. Proactively perform system testing and monitor systems to identify issues. Alert the appropriate IT team members when problems or concerns are discovered and assist the team with troubleshooting and resolving the issues. In collaboration with the systems and telecommunication manager, configure, maintain, enhance, and troubleshoot local area network (LAN) servers, virtual local area networks (VLANs), wide area network (WAN) connectivity and utilization, wireless connectivity, voice over internet protocol (VoIP) infrastructure, and related equipment (Cisco: routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, and their respective cabling). Maintain an inventory of telecommunications and network related equipment according to internal controls policies. Oversee the removal and appropriate disposal of outdated equipment.
- IT Security - Adhere to the court's IT security policies and assist the team in conducting and analyzing network security assessments. Support the administration of IT security tools required for centralized patch management (KACE), vulnerability scanning (Nessus), intrusion detection, web threat protection (Websense), and centralized logging management (Splunk). Analyze the vulnerability results monthly from Nessus and address the vulnerabilities by coordinating with system owners. Monitor alerts/reports/notifications related to Court's network and respond to them promptly.
- Technical Support - Assist the Helpdesk and Applications Developments teams with IT technical support in a Windows and Linux environment, on an as needed basis.
- General Responsibilities - Communicate and respond to judges, chambers staff, and management requests regarding circuit operations. Communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, to explain complex operational matters and concepts to individuals and groups with varying experience and backgrounds. Interact effectively with the public and staff, providing quality customer service and resolving difficulties efficiently while complying with regulations, rules, and procedures. Develop, implement, and maintain written procedures for assigned functions. Comply with the Guide to Judiciary Policy, applicable Administrative Office (AO) policies and procedures, internal controls guidelines, and all local policies and procedures. Abide by the Code of Conduct for Judicial Employees and court confidentiality requirements. Demonstrate sound ethics and good judgment at all times. Display a careful and deliberate approach in handling confidential information in a variety of contexts.
Conditions of Employment
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted and must travel at their own expense. Reimbursement for relocation is not available. The court reserves the right to modify the conditions of this announcement, commence interviews immediately, withdraw the announcement, or fill the position at any time, any of which actions may occur without notice.
Employees of the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit are excepted service appointments. Federal government civil service classifications or regulations do not apply. All offers of employment are provisional pending successful completion of a background check or investigation and a favorable employment suitability determination. This position is subject to Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) for payroll deposit.
Must be a U.S. citizen or eligible to work in the United States. Non-citizens may be interviewed and considered for employment, but employment offers will only be made to individuals who qualify under one of the exceptions in 8 U.S.C. Section 1324b(a)(3)(B). Under 8 U.S.C. Section 1324b(a)(3)(B), a lawful permanent resident seeking citizenship may not apply for citizenship until he or she has been a permanent resident for at least five years (three years if seeking naturalization as a spouse of a citizen), at which point he or she must apply for citizenship within six months of becoming eligible, and must complete the process within two years of applying (unless there is a delay caused by the processors of the application). Non-citizens who have not been permanent residents for five years will be required to execute an affidavit that they intend to apply for citizenship when they become eligible to do so.Qualifications
At a minimum, candidates must possess a high school diploma or equivalent and two years of progressively responsible IT experience that provided thorough knowledge of the theories, principles, practices, and skills required in server and desktop virtualization and Windows/Linux server support and maintenance, including the latest developments in systems hardware/software and systems security.
Completion of a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with superior academic achievement* in computer science, information systems, network management, or a telecommunications related field. Required Competencies Preferred Competencies
- Superior academic achievement is defined as:
- An overall "B" grade point average equaling 2.90 or better of a possible 4.0;
- Standing in the upper third of the class;
- "3.5" average or better in a legal studies, paralegal studies, or similar major field of study that would prepare a candidate well to perform in this position; or
- Election to membership in Phi Beta Kappa, Sigma XI, or one of the National Honorary Scholastic Societies meeting the minimum requirements of the Association of College Honor Societies, other than Freshman Honor Societies.
- The ability to exercise innovative and creative skills to solve challenging issues.
- Excellent communication (both oral and written) and organizational skills.
- The ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks, and work effectively under pressure as well the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of enterprise technology solutions such as Active Directory, Group Policies, File and Print Servers, Basic Networking, and Cloud Hosted solutions.
- Hands-on or virtual lab experience with server and/or network administration.
- Experience working in an IT Help Desk or support environment.
Candidates must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.Benefits
A generous benefits package is available to full-time permanent court employees including:
- Paid vacation and sick leave, paid parental leave, and 11 paid federal holidays per year.
- Optional participation in Federal Employees Health Benefits plans (health, dental and vision); Federal Employees Group Life Insurance; Flexible Benefits Program; Long-Term Care Insurance; Health Care Reimbursement (HCRA) and Dependent Care Reimbursement (HCRA).
- Public transportation subsidy, on-site fitness center, Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). Optional participation in Thrift Savings Plan (up to 5% employer matched contributions).
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness program pursuant to the terms of the ( PSLF ) program.
- For more benefit information visit the Judiciary's Benefits Page .
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted and must travel at their own expense. Reimbursement for relocation is not available.
The court reserves the right to modify the conditions of this announcement, commence interviews immediately, withdraw the announcement, or fill the position at any time, any of which actions may occur without notice.