Docker is a remote first company with employees across Europe, APAC and the Americas that simplifies the lives of developers who are making world-changing apps. We raised our Series C funding in March 2022 for $105M at a $2.1B valuation. We continued to see exponential revenue growth last year. Join us for a whale of a ride!
The Docker Suite UI team is building a multi-product portal that empowers developers to better leverage containers and cloud resources. The team does a mix of work building a frontend platform to enable product teams to ship functionality, navigation to help users understand how the products fit together, and end-user features that connect our products together.
The ideal candidate has experience on both product and platform teams as a frontend engineer. They have deep knowledge of Typescript and React and experience leading frontend development at an early stage startup. The candidate is adept at making conscious trade offs based on risks that the team is trying to manage. They are collaborative and work well with Product Managers, Designers, and other teams.
- Ship initial dashboard functionality and build platform components that enable product teams to add functionality
- Write, review, maintain, and document TypeScript code
- Establish best practices and ensure they are upheld
- Write unit, integration, and e2e tests
- Deploy code to production, and own the abstraction throughout the lifecycle
- Participate in 12-hour daytime on-call shifts for one week every 2-6 months, with additional pay
- Experience building, running, testing, and debugging frontend applications for web or desktop in JS frameworks and runtimes such as React, Electron, NodeJS, and web browsers
- Strong proficiency with frontend build tools, such as yarn, webpack, eslint, jest.
- Strong written and verbal English skills that are used for effective collaboration
- Passionate about frontend development productivity via best practices & patterns
- Comfortable working with React, Remix, and Electron
- Comfortable writing backends or working with backend engineers on a team
- Knowledge of security best practices
- Experience with design systems, Storybook a plus
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS preferred, or GCP, Azure), databases (Postgres preferred, or MySQL, etc.) a plus
- Desire to work on autonomous teams
- Demonstration of collaboration across teams
- Ability and interest in working at a fully remote company crossing international time zones
- Past demonstrations of proactively working outside of this job description
What to expect in the first 30 days:
- Meet the team
- Understand the team’s mission
- Ship a small change
What to expect in the first 90 days:
- Meet people across the company
- Ship a more significant change
- Have demoed something you worked on at the internal Product Development demos
- Attended a customer call
- Understanding of our user personas
What to expect in the first year:
- Help product teams ship new functionality
- Help shape the direction of the product
- Freedom & flexibility; fit your work around your life
- Home office setup; we want you comfortable while you work
- 16 weeks of paid Parental leave
- Technology stipend equivalent to $100 net/month
- PTO plan that encourages you to take time to do the things you enjoy
- Quarterly, company-wide hackathons
- Training stipend for conferences, courses and classes
- Equity; we are a growing start-up and want all employees to have a share in the success of the company
- Docker Swag
- Medical benefits, retirement and holidays vary by country
Docker embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.