Trend Micro, a global cybersecurity leader, helps make the world safe for exchanging digital information. Fueled by decades of security expertise, world-leading global threat research and intelligence, and continuous innovation, our cybersecurity platform protects hundreds of thousands of organizations and millions of individuals across clouds, networks, devices, and endpoints
With 7,000 employees across 65 countries, and the world’s most advanced global threat research and intelligence, Trend Micro enables organizations to simplify and secure their connected world.
The Research & Development Intern will be a member of a team working on cutting-edge, enterprise-level network security solutions during Summer 2024.
Candidates should thrive on working in a close, small team environment and possess excellent interpersonal skills, plus analytical, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills. Interns will work on a team that works on projects including but not limited to: intrusion prevention, firewall, DDoS and traffic anomaly protection, VPN, encryption, port and host scans, web filtering, collaboration with vulnerability analysts and reverse engineers.
- Coursework in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, information security, or related fields
- Fluency in one or more of the following languages: C/C++, Java, or Python
- Familiarity with network and application protocols (IPv4/6, TCP, UDP) down to the packet level
- Familiarity with security technologies (authentication, encryption, compression, VPN)
- Familiarity with networking (switches, routers) and security (firewalls, IPS) equipment and technologies (VPN, VLAN)
- Experience with Python on both Microsoft Windows and Linux OSes is a plus
- Knowledge of jscript, vbscript, python or any scripting language
- Some programming experience
At Trend Micro, we embrace change, empower people, and encourage innovation in a connected world. Our diversity and multicultural workforce are key contributing factors to our success across the globe. Trend Micro provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Trend Micro does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy and childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care leave status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.