Docker is a remote first company with employees across Europe, APAC and the Americas that simplifies the lives of developers who are making world-changing apps. We raised our Series C funding in March 2022 for $105M at a $2.1B valuation. We continued to see exponential revenue growth last year. Join us for a whale of a ride!
The DevRel team at Docker serves as the bridge between Docker and its community of 14 million developers. We strive to support and train all developers to use Docker to build incredible applications. We focus on both the current generation of developers and the 15 million developers that will be entering the industry over the next 10 years. The challenge is great, but so are the opportunities!
In this role, your primary focus will be maturing our different initiatives into truly managed programmes at scale, able to reach the millions of developers who use Docker every day. You will be key in launching new programmes as well as working across our existing initiatives managed by community managers to instill a mindset of continuous improvement by implementing a mindset of plan, execute, learn and adjust.
A successful candidate is passionate about turning opportunities into successful experiments and later into high-growth and scalable community or learning programmes, with the ability of influencing millions of developers in tech communities and within the organizations of some of our largest customers.
They will be both a strong communicator and an analytical and structured leader who looks for data to guide decisions and priority.
Our developer programmes are still relatively new, an ideal candidate will therefore be expected to dive in and get their hands dirty with finding the right tactics to get metrics, standard processes and integrations in place as we mature over time.
- Work with Sales, Customer Success, Product teams and our community managers to bridge the gap between the different teams
- Create the foundation which enable our developer programmes to scale
- Work with our community managers to establish processes, metrics and integrations
- Support new initiatives at a limited scale and help the team scale up
- Work with internal teams to ensure our developer programmes are
- Experience with reaching developers at scale
- Prior experience with establishing programme metrics, scorecards and driving incremental growth
- Experience in the developer experience / tooling space is an advantage
- Top-notch interpersonal skills and the ability to help all developers
What to expect in the first 30 days:
- Meet the team and others across the company
- Understand and help shape the team mission
- Start exploring the needs and challenges of our current developer programmes
- Meet with the Docker Captains
What to expect in the first 90 days:
- Start shaping our programme structure
- Find data sources and opportunities for scaling up parts of the programmes
- Start to define a roadmap for your area
What to expect in the first year:
- Gained full autonomy to drive changes across our programmes
- Established an ongoing collaboration with our community managers
- Partnered with Sales, Customer Success and other internal teams to deliver key data and integrations into their respective areas.
- Freedom & flexibility; fit your work around your life
- Home office setup; we want you comfortable while you work
- 16 weeks of paid Parental leave
- Technology stipend equivalent to $100 net/month
- PTO plan that encourages you to take time to do the things you enjoy
- Quarterly, company-wide hackathons
- Training stipend for conferences, courses and classes
- Equity; we are a growing start-up and want all employees to have a share in the success of the company
- Docker Swag
- Medical benefits, retirement and holidays vary by country
Docker embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.