Docker is a remote first company with employees across Europe, APAC and the Americas that simplifies the lives of developers who are making world-changing apps. We raised our Series C funding in March 2022 for $105M at a $2.1B valuation. We continued to see exponential revenue growth last year. Join us for a whale of a ride!
Millions of developers around the world use and love Docker’s industry leading container runtime, Docker Engine. It is the cornerstone of Docker Desktop and an important part of CI/CD systems everywhere. The Runtime team at Docker leads development of the open source moby/moby project and the components that make it up. The code base is primarily Go with some C components. The team’s mission is to build a performant, predictable and accessible container runtime for developers.
The successful candidate is passionate about low-level Linux and container technologies and how they can be used to build a performant, reliable and accessible product. They have deep networking expertise (e.g. proxies, overlays, bridging, etc), with specific experience related to the network connectivity of containers. They have strong interpersonal skills that they have used when developing code for or working on open source projects.
- Maintain and evolve open source code bases
- Collaborate with contributors to our projects and with upstream projects
- Improve the networking functionality of Docker Engine
- Work with other Docker teams on integrating Engine and CLI (Desktop, Hub)
- Appropriately handle runtime security reports
- 8+ years of software development experience using a backend language (like Go, C, C++, or Rust)
- Strong networking expertise (proxies, overlays, bridging, etc)
- Experience with container networking
- Experience developing for Linux
- Experience working on open source projects
What to expect in the first 30 days:
- Meet the team
- Understand the team mission
- Start diving into a part of the code base
- Ship a small change
What to expect in the first 90 days:
- Feel comfortable in a part of the code base
- Meet people across the company
- Ship a more major change
- Demo something you worked on at the internal Product Development demos
What to expect in the first year:
- Have autonomy/ownership over an area (level dependent)
- Help shape the direction of Runtime (level dependent)
- Work with other teams at Docker on delivering an end to end feature
- Freedom & flexibility; fit your work around your life
- Home office setup; we want you comfortable while you work
- 16 weeks of paid Parental leave
- Technology stipend equivalent to $100 net/month
- PTO plan that encourages you to take time to do the things you enjoy
- Quarterly, company-wide hackathons
- Training stipend for conferences, courses and classes
- Equity; we are a growing start-up and want all employees to have a share in the success of the company
- Docker Swag
- Medical benefits, retirement and holidays vary by country
Docker embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.