Trend Micro, a global cybersecurity leader, helps make the world safe for exchanging digital information. Fueled by decades of security expertise, world-leading global threat research and intelligence, and continuous innovation, our cybersecurity platform protects hundreds of thousands of organizations and millions of individuals across clouds, networks, devices, and endpoints
With +7,000 employees across 65 countries, and the world’s most advanced global threat research and intelligence, Trend Micro enables organizations to simplify and secure their connected world. TrendMicro.com
Location: Austin, TX / on-site
Trend Micro Security Products Group (TippingPoint) is seeking a Sr PCB Layout/CAD Designer to work with the Hardware Design Engineering group consisting of both Electrical and Mechanical HW Design Engineers.
The successful candidate will have a good understanding of high-speed PCB design methodologies and trade-offs. PCB signaling will range from 1Gbps up to Gen-4 PCIe (16.0GT/s), 25Gbps NRZ, and 56Gbps PAM4, as well as high-speed dense parallel interfaces like DDR4-3200. The Sr CAD Designer will work under the guidance of EEs & MEs responsible for a specific design as well as trading EMN files/concepts back and forth between CAD and EE/ME to produce high-quality PCB Designs.
In addition to performing design activities for in-house-designed PCBs, the successful candidate will also be responsible for pre- and post-processing layout files for PCB designs that are contracted out, which occurs when multiple designs are ongoing concurrently. The pre- and post-processing activites will include major component placement, EMN trade-offs, etc, such that the external contractor is response for only the physical routing.
The successful will also have DevOps responsibility for maintaining CAD & Schematic Libraries using backend tools to interface between the CAD tools, CIS Database, and Agile. He/She will also be responsible for keeping HW Development Tools licenses up to date.
- High-Speed PCB Layout
- Pre & Post Processing of PCB Layouts for external contractors if/when needed
- Organize and Lead PCB Layout Reviews
- Create & Maintain Schematic Symbols & PCB Footprints
- Tools Management, License Updates
- Minimum 8 years of experience in the field with PCB
- Associates Degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering, CAD, or equivalent
- Good understanding of high-speed PCB Design Techniques
- Experience in buried/blind vias, backdrilling, etc.
- Understanding of DFx Rules and Trade-offs
- Excellent understanding and use of Cadence Tools (Capture, CIS, Allegro)
- Ability to take high-level design documents/direction and generate PCB design rules.
- Proven track record of taking high-speed PCB design to high-volume production.
- Experience with x86 server designs and other datacenter equipment is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
At Trend Micro, we embrace change, empower people, and encourage innovation in a connected world. Our diversity and multicultural workforce are key contributing factors to our success across the globe. Trend Micro provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Trend Micro does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy and childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care leave status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.