cyDaptiv Solutions is seeking a Senior Cyber Security Engineer (CSE) with experience supporting Federal and DoD cyber security and information assurance projects. The CSE must have knowledge of the Risk Management Framework (RMF), security principles, concepts, policies and regulations and be able to identify risks in information systems and work with system administrators and engineers to resolve security weaknesses.
The successful candidate will have experience assessing security control implementation and system configurations using automated tools and manual check lists; determining compliance/risk severity; recommending remediations; and have ability / skillset to implement fixes. The candidate must also have experience working with stakeholders at various organizational levels and be able to manage and coordinate assessment activities in a collaborative manner.
Cyber Security Engineer (CSE) Responsibilities:
- Implementing the DoD Assess and Authorize (A&A) process IAW DoDI 8510.01 Risk Management Framework (RMF) for DoD Information Technology (IT)
- Assess systems using automated tools such as ACAS / Nessus, and Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP), and Manual STIGs.
- Experience testing and implementing DoD STIGs and devising mitigation strategies, applying Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) patches to systems and complete security compliance scans upon applying patches or updates to the system.
- Perform as on-site Team Lead and assist Project Manager in management of team progress.
- Introduce new team members to project tasks and expectations.
- Additional details of the position will be provided to qualified applicants.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology or engineering discipline preferred.
- Strong technical understanding of the network and systems operations in secured DoD environments.
- Strong understanding of SDLC process in a DoD environment
- Hands on experience with tools such as NMAP, ACAS/Nessus, and Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP).
- Experience using DoD SRGs/STIGs and other manual system configuration review methods, developing mitigation strategies, applying systems and vulnerability patches.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills to provide IA / cybersecurity guidance to relevant project stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- 7 years of relevant experience in Federal and DoD network and computing environments.
- 4 years of experience supporting DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) and implementation of technical controls.
- Meet DOD 8570/8140 certification requirements for IAT Level II. Includes: CCNA Sec, GISCP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, or SSCP.
- Full-time (Bethesda, MD)
- Generous relocation allowance.
- Active Secret or clearable at the Secret Level
- $140,000 - $155,000 annual salary
About cyDaptiv Solutions
cyDaptiv Solutions, Inc. is a firm specializing in Systems Engineering, Cybersecurity Solutions Integration, Risk Management & Compliance, IT Services, and Project Management. cyDaptiv’s Information Technology professionals have significant experience delivering services for enterprise scale IT systems in a variety of DoD environments. Led by PMP certified Project Managers, cyDaptiv’s skilled and experienced technology professionals deliver high impact results in short-term focused engagements and long-term IT service and support delivery in both CONUS and OCONUS locations. We have dynamic teams supporting projects in the US (including Hawaii), Korea, Japan, and Germany.