At Precise Solutions, we are looking for top talent consultants to bring on as employees of our organization and service our clients in the various Life Sciences Industries. We are much more than a consulting firm! Precise Solutions provides competitive compensation packages with great salaries, benefits, health insurance, paid time off and employer-based 401k contributions.
We currently have an immediate need for the following:
Job Title: Duty Manager- Major Incident & Problem Management
Location: Lake County, IL USA
Compensation: $38.00 per hour, Paid Time off, Company 401k contributions, Health, dental, and vision insurance. Total Annual Compensation including benefits is $88,000.00
The following resume requirements must be met for resume to be considered
- Candidates first and last name (legal spelling) must be at the top of the resume
- Valid email address must be at the top of the resume. LinkedIn links will not be accepted it must be a valid email address so our recruiters can respond to your resume
- Please refrain from submitting resumes with candidates photo they will not be considered
- Major Incident & Problem Management: Duty Manager
The Duty Manager Provides Major Incident Management and Problem Management services as part of the Incident Command Center team. The Duty Manager also supports other Incident Command Center initiatives designed to drive down the impact of incidents, prevent the occurrence/re-occurrence of incidents, and promote production stability.
Duty Manager Responsibilities
- Supports continuous improvement efforts for Major Incident and Problem processes.
- Applies knowledge of the client’s IT high-level architectures, ITIL practices, Managed Service Providers, and/or operations teams to drive resolution of Major Incidents and technology Problems.
- Establishes plans and processes to ensure that all required technology support resources are aligned and available when needed.
- Monitors process activities and uncovers risks and issues to ensure production stability.
- Provides oversight for Major Incident Management service to ensure execution activities are defined and planned and resolution targets are met.
- Ensures Major Incident and Problem Management processes are planned and executed using current standards, methodologies, tools, and processes and follows rules for requesting exceptions, where justified, to achieve department priorities.
- Provides strategy, governance and oversight of the Major Incident and Problem Management processes to ensure alignment with department priorities.
- Provides cross functional coordination of Managed Service Providers, Business Technology Organizations, and/or operations teams.
- Maintains productive relationships with colleagues and internal users of our department services.
- Manages to our critical success factors (CSFs) and key performance indicators (KPIs) associated with Major Incident and Problem Management.
- Creates weekly presentations on Major Incident and Problem metrics and key insights.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement of process and metrics reporting.
- Adheres to applicable policies and procedures and follows best practices.
Duty Manager Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering.
- Equivalent experience is defined as 6 years combined experience in the above areas.
- Experience in IT engineering and/or IT infrastructure.
- Project management experience desired.
- Foundational knowledge of ITIL framework and Service Operations (Major Incident Management and Problem Management)
- Knowledge of ServiceNow or other ITSM tools desirable.
- General technical knowledge.
- Ability to document incidents and manage technical bridge calls.
Duty Manager Requirements
Years of experience/education and/or certifications required:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering
- OR 6 years of equivalent experience
- Major Incident Management experience
- Problem Management experience
- IT generalist experience
- Good writing and communication skills
- ServiceNow or other ITSM tools required
Duty Manager Nice To Have
- ITIL experience / certification
- Experience managing ITIL Service Operations processes e.g. Incident and Problem
- Ability to run a meeting / document the meeting activities
- Basic IT infrastructure knowledge
Duty Manager Work Schedule (Define days,# of hours)
- Is Overtime offered or required? Yes, overtime will be as needed when teammates take time off.
- 11PM to 8AM CST Sunday-Thursday
- Cover for other shifts as needed- may be required to cover other team members outside of this time zone as needed.