What we need
We are looking for an experienced Network and Systems Administrator with expertise in Linux system administration to assist in managing and maintaining our IT infrastructure. This position focuses on operational tasks and ensuring the security, stability and efficiency of our technology infrastructure that is used for our online SaaS products and internal systems . This position reports to the Manager, Cloud Operations.
What you’ll do
Linux System Administration:
- Install, configure, and maintain Linux servers and workstations. Perform systems maintenance tasks, such as system back-up, recovery, and file maintenance to promote uptime and efficient performance.
- Monitor and continuously watch automated system performance/infrastructure services and capacity levels to ensure that they meet current and future business needs.
- Perform system updates, patch management, and security enhancements.
- Troubleshoot and resolve Linux-related issues promptly.
- Maintain documentation of IT infrastructure and troubleshooting procedures.
- Manage and maintain the organization's network infrastructure.
- Monitor network performance and ensure optimal connectivity.
- Troubleshoot network issues and implement solutions.
- Configure, monitor and maintain firewall systems.
- Participate in security incident response.
- Perform vulnerability detection, analysis and mitigation activities.
Research and Development:
- Collaborate with internal customers to build and automate operation of our products and services during the R&D phase of our next generation data lifecycle systems.
- Drive high quality technical documentation of infrastructure, internal requirements and best practices.
Infrastructure Asset Management Support:
- Assist in documentation and execution of Disaster Recovery Strategy.
- Maintain accurate records of IT assets, including hardware, software licenses and warranties.
- Track the lifecycle of IT assets, from procurement to retirement.
- Ensure compliance with asset management policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field preferred.
- 3+ years experience as an IT Professional in the specified area of responsibility.
- Expertise in Linux system administration is a must.
- Strong knowledge of network protocols, routing, troubleshooting, and firewall management. Experience with Fortigate is considered a plus.
- Experience with Windows system administration and VMWare.
- Experience in IT infrastructure asset management.
- Windows, Linux or Network Administrator certifications are a plus.
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills.
- Proven documentation skills with strong proficiency in written and verbal English.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are an essential requirement for this position.
Founded in 1999, ei3 Corporation delivers Industrial IoT and AI solutions for machine builders and manufacturers to increase operational efficiency, save on costs, increase profitability, and implement new business models. Printing presses, injection molding machines, and packaging equipment are some of the company’s key market segments. ei3 is headquartered in New York with offices in Montreal and Zurich. For more information, please visit ei3 at www.ei3.com
We offer competitive compensation packages and benefit offerings.
Salary Range: $80,000 - $115,000 USD