About Rhino Health
AI has not achieved its full potential in healthcare. Rhino Health aims to fix that. Today, AI developers face tremendous hurdles in training their models on sufficiently large & diverse datasets because of privacy concerns. The Rhino Federated Computing Platform (FCP) unlocks healthcare data collaborations by allowing developers to train their models on data without ever taking possession of that data.
Rhino Health offers healthcare organizations and data scientists an end-to-end distributed computing platform, which enables data collaboration while protecting patient data privacy. The FCP uses edge computing and federated learning, leaving data at rest at each site, thus lowering the barrier to wider adoption of AI in healthcare and making multi-site collaboration seamless. Users can tap into a network of over a dozen leading medical centers around the world, centrally performing data pre-processing, harmonization, model training & validation, and results analysis with no data ever leaving any medical center’s firewall. The FCP is being used in a variety of data modalities such as medical imaging, medical notes, histopathology, genomics, and proteomics.
The company is headquartered in Boston, with an R&D center in Tel Aviv.
About the Role
Rhino Health is growing and needs to add operational muscle in support of this growth. The Director of Operations is intended to be a strong utility player, whose responsibilities will evolve with the business. The overarching theme of the role is someone who is a structured problem solver excited to apply those skills to a variety of functions in an early stage startup. This role will be an IC position, but may grow to manage others in the future.
Initial responsibilities will include the following (with the exact portfolio evolving over time dependent on business need, and candidate experience & interest):
About the Candidate
- Special Projects: You will be the first port of call for emerging challenges. The hallmark of this role is going to be nimble problem solving, and so you should be excited to tackle different challenges quarter to quarter - and a knack for ‘looking around corners’ to suggest what else might improve company operations.
- Performance Management & Business Intelligence: You will be responsible for the ‘management system’ of Rhino. You’ll help to set and measure progress against our OKRs and KPIs, including implementing reporting & visualization solutions. You will help to develop processes for how the team works together.
- Project Management Office (PMO): You will make sure the trains run on time across Rhino. Develop and maintain project management standards, methodologies, and best practices. Monitor progress and resource allocation to meet timelines and quality standards. Serve as a program manager for complicated client projects.
- Financial Management: You will support our financial planning, financial reporting, procurement & supplier management, AP/AR processes, etc.
- Revenue Operations: You will collaborate with our sales & marketing team on in-progress deals with pricing, proposal writing, coordinating with counsel, maintaining the CRM, etc.
- Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance: You will lead regular enterprise risk assessments; implement & oversee a Quality Management System; and project manage efforts to achieve & maintain certifications such as ISO 9001, ISO 27001, and SOC 2.
You will be a good fit if you can (1) demonstrate the ability to bring structure and an 80/20 mindset to solving novel problems, (2) bring relevant hard skills to the table - and an eagerness to learn those you don’t; and (3) you should be someone good at maintaining a personal to-do list, and at holding others accountable for completing theirs. You will not be a good fit in this role if you are looking to manage established processes, cruise as a SME based on some relevant past experiences, or to implement & oversee a huge bureaucracy. You should be someone who is excited to identify a challenge, implement a solution, and then potentially hand it off to someone else (i.e. this person will be asked to incubate certain functions until they are large enough for a separate full time hire).
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in computer science, engineering, business administration, or finance is a nice to have. An MBA is a nice to have.
- 4+ years of experience in roles such as startup finance/operations, consulting, product operations, or program management - ideally in a B2B software context.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams required.
- PMO experience or experience with highly-structured consulting projects, especially in a highly-technical field strongly preferred; project management certification nice-to-have.
- Experience with BI stack implementation - including hands-on experience with the backend, not just using visualization tools, strongly preferred.
- Experience with FP&A (i.e. revenue forecasting, budget planning, monthly analysis of performance) strongly preferred.
- Experience contributing to the achievement & maintenance of ISO or similar certifications (especially ISO 27001, ISO 9001, SOC 2) nice to have.
- Boston (hybrid) strongly preferred, but open to remote (working EST hours required).