Job Title: Kubernetes Engineer / Site Reliability Engineer
Location: Dallas TX / Hybrid option 3 days a week
Long Term contract
W2 or C2C (Visa - USC, GC, H1B, H4 EAD, L2 EAD)
Site Reliability Engineer / Kubernetes Engineer
- The Site Reliability Engineer will be part of a team of engineers which works on automation and configuration as code for foundational architecture related to connectivity across multiple Cloud Service Providers. They should have a strong background in infrastructure and Public Cloud technologies
- They will be a part of the global team and will be responsible for connecting complex, multi-tier applications from on-prem to the Public Cloud
- They will be closely working with Product Management and Vendors to develop and deploy Cloud services to meet customer expectations.
- Experience in Kubernetes and Container-based technologies
- Experience in any of the following cloud service providers - Azure, AWS or IBM cloud
- Sound experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Ansible etc.)
- Sound knowledge on Service Mesh like Istio
- Ability to mentor and develop more junior programmers, including participating in constructive code reviews
- 4+ years experience of working in Azure and IBM cloud
- Working with teams using scrum, kanban or other agile practices
- Expertise with the Kubernetes eco system and its tools like Rancher
- Proficiency with standard Linux command line and debugging tools.
- Experience in a Service Mesh e.g. Istio would be nice to have.
- Sound experience in Networking and Security e.g. PKI, OAuth etc.
- Experience of setting up a new development project using modern tools and practices including git, jenkins, test-driven development, and continuous integration in a Linux-based environment
- Knowledge of how to write comprehensive unit tests, including the mocking of external utilities and APIs