Text code CTIA to 202-915-6712 to apply!
Since 2009, MindPoint Group has been the cybersecurity firm of choice for the most security-conscious US federal agencies and commercial enterprises.
We're proud to be one of Inc. 5000's fastest-growing companies in the country. With several ‘Best Places to Work’ awards under our belts, we have a diverse employee-focused culture, accessibility, and communication between all levels and departments, and over 4 stars in reviews on Glassdoor.
Come be a part of what we're building. We use our award-winning recruitment process to seek the most skilled, experienced, and driven information security consulting experts in the industry, while simultaneously empowering applicants to determine if MindPoint Group is the right fit for them. We are profoundly invested in selecting the right people to join our team and are equally driven to expand and develop careers long-term.
With positions throughout the US, a role at MindPoint Group promises you:
- An opportunity to work within one of the most diverse DC-based organizations
- Generous tuition and professional development reimbursements
- Mentorship opportunities with leaders focused on your growth
- Competitive benefits like 401k matching, 11 federal holidays, etc.
- And more!
MindPoint Group, LLC has an exciting opportunity to join the Cyber Intelligence Analysis Team of one of our largest clients. This position is part of an established and mature cyber intelligence program that evaluates closed and open-source cyber intelligence sources to keep our client apprised of emerging threats relevant to the department’s mission. You and your team will operate as the intelligence arm of the larger security organization providing actionable intelligence insights to threat hunters, incident responders, SOC analysts, and security engineers.What You Get To Do Every Day
- Produce actionable cyber intelligence following the Cybersecurity Threat Intelligence Lifecycle framework.
- Understand the current threat landscape including the implications of geopolitical events on the client’s network.
- Track advanced persistent threats (APT) and their tools, techniques, and procedures (TTPs)
- Collect and process open-source, classified, and internal threat intelligence artifacts to provide context and informed recommendations for the larger security team
- Collaborate with digital forensics and incident response (DFIR) to provide additional insight during investigations
- Produce intelligence-driven deliverables to brief stakeholders on any relevant tactical and strategic developments that could impact the client’s interests
- Support process improvement of the cyber threat intelligence program to meet the growing needs of the client’s dynamic mission.
What skills do you need?
- Active Top Secret with the ability to obtain an SCI*
What is ideal?
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS-related field preferred, but not required
- Minimum of eight (8) years of general experience and six (6) years of Cybersecurity threat intelligence experience
- Strong knowledge related to the current cyber threats facing US Government interests and knowledge of key adversary TTPs and motivations
- Broad understanding of network architecture and network security methods including their capabilities and limitations including knowledge of:
- Packet Analysis
- SIEM Operation
- Understanding of how exploits work and appear within network traffic
- Intrusion Detection Technology
- Understanding of root kits, exploits, and other types of malware
- Awareness and understanding of popular attack tools (e.g., Zeus, Blackhole, Slowloris, LOIC, Cryptolocker, Pony Loader, etc.). Ability to communicate effectively the actual status of an incident, attack, or other cyber issue.
- Awareness of tradecraft used by Nation State APT actors
- Capability to support the following systems: ArcSight SIEM, Splunk, Novetta Cyber Analytics, FireEye MPS Suite, Snort IDS, Bro IDS, Fidelis XPS, CloudShield Trusted Cyber Solution Orchestrator, Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics, Counterattack Active Defense
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to effectively research, write, communicate, and brief varying levels of audiences including at the executive level
- Ability to work proactively with limited oversight
- Experience with operational security, including security operations center (SOC), incident response, basic malware analysis, and threat hunting
- Experience within the US Intelligence Community and Intelligence Community Directive 203 Analytic Standards
- Certifications including:
- There is a hybrid role with expectations of being on the client site a few days a week.
Job applicants that are interested in one of our openings and may require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, should contact us to request an accommodation.
- All offers are contingent upon proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or successful accommodation for an exemption.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Highlights of our benefits include Health/Dental/Vision, 401(k) match, Flexible Time Off, STD/LTD/Life Insurance, Referral Bonuses, professional development reimbursement, maternity/paternity leave, mobile phone stipend, pre-tax commuter benefits, the opportunity to participate in our mentorship program, and more!
- MindPoint is committed to maintaining a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Are you interested in a posted job opportunity but may not check all of the “boxes” for desired qualifications? If so, we encourage you to apply! Our commitment to sustain and champion an inclusive and dynamic community of employees is a high priority!
Text code CTIA to 202-915-6712 to apply!