Title: Senior Network Analyst
Location: Fermilab | Batavia, IL | 100% onsite
Duration: 12 months with the potentially to hire permanently
Recruiting for this position ends on September 27
The Fermilab IT Division (ITD) Network and Communications Services (NCS) intends to augment its current staff with additional Senior Network Analyst skills in order to successfully continue the implementation of, as well as operate the site Network for the laboratory.
Fermilab seeks an experienced Network Analyst for a contractor position with the appropriate skills to complete the projects and duties listed below. The successful candidate will report to the Network Service Group Leader and will be a subject matter expert in at least two networking areas listed below.
Fermilab will interview candidate Network Engineers to assess appropriate skill sets. Projects & Duties:
- Complete the migration of the Business Services firewalls to a new hardware platform and convert the existing firewall rules into zone-based policies
- Set up a site-wide network for Industrial Control Systems (Metasys/Pegasys) and deploy new ICS firewalls
- Enhance security of VPN service with additional feature "Scan before connect
- Complete the upgrade of DNS services into a new system supporting internal and external views for DNS (Split-DNS or multi-views DNS)
- Assist with the design and implementation the Laboratory's IPv6-only network, provide support to users with the transition to IPv6 only environment.
ITD is an ISO20K certified organization. As such, the candidate must work within the ISO20K processes established by the division. The candidate will be required to create documentation both design and operational and to work with other Network Services staff members to ensure knowledge transfer at the completion of each project. Skills and Experience
- This position will work on cyber security, so this experience will be of great help in this position.
- 8+ years thorough working knowledge of IP networking in large networks preferably based on Cisco products, deep understanding of TCP, UDP and layer-2/layer-3 network protocols, familiarity with Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF) technology
- 8+ years hands-on experience managing, maintaining and troubleshooting issues in large networks with a mix of Cisco switches, routers, Palo-Alto firewall systems
- 5+ years managing Palo-Alto firewalls
- 5+ years managing InfoBlox DNS appliances
- A good understanding and working experience in IPv6 Networking
- 5+ years of the most recent work experience with switching and routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, HSRP, SPT)
- 5+ years of experience with Cisco IOS, NXOS software, configuring and managing Cisco switches and routers, familiarity with Cisco Nexus 7K/9K and Catalyst platforms
- Working experience with 802.1x port security and network access policy enforcement in large networks
- Experience working within an ITIL framework and processes with successful outcomes within a large scale diverse global service management environment.
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal and visualizations; ability to communicate and facilitate at all levels of the organization.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related technical field, or equivalent training and experience
- Cisco CCIE Collaboration certification preferred.
Technical Competence: Describe the technical competence to accomplish the objective, primary role, and additional goals in the Scope of Work. Offeror needs to show experience in this area as it relates to setting up networks for ICS systems and/or implementation of IPv6 and/or VPN services. Factor 2:
Prior Experience in the Field: Provide relevant evidence of experience for the same or similar projects as stated in the objective, primary role, and additional goals in the Scope of Work. ESPO Corporation
Leaders in Technical Recruiting & Staffing since 1965
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workforce .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other attribute or protected characteristic by law.