If you are an amazing individual, then we have a role for you!!
About Open Technology Solutions:
Open Technology Solutions (OTS) is a Fintech services provider and is changing the world of technology services for credit unions by providing innovative technology solutions and support services at significant savings to what it would cost for a credit union to manage on their own. We support three credit union partners, and our growth is limited only by our imagination.
Our Team Members our bright, hard-working and enjoy having fun. We have Mountain Bikers, Road Bikers, Skiers/Boarders, Climbers, Runners, Video Game heroes, Broadway Musical Buffs, Musicians, Bowlers and almost every other variety of people. We have Family people, Single people, Happy people. Someone is just waiting to be your friend! Work-Life balance is an OTS trait. In fact, we work from home 2 days a week!
The Junior Network Engineer’s primary responsibility is to lead or provide Tier 1 and 2 support in areas of technology within the network department, work internal trouble tickets, assist with break/fix emergencies, after-hours maintenance, and participate in the On-Call rotation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Assist the network team with configuring, maintaining, and monitoring a relatively large LAN/WAN enterprise network. This includes supporting the network team with new branch office openings, hardware upgrades, EOL replacements, and security patching.
· The enterprise network has branch offices in New York (primarily on Long Island), Maryland, and Colorado with roughly 30 offices in each state.
· The primary technology used for the LAN/WAN infrastructure is Cisco and Silver Peak with Meraki for the wireless network.
· This position will require an On-Call rotation including after-hours travel to the branch offices in the Long Island area to assist with troubleshooting outages.
· Work trouble tickets and interface with end users to assist with troubleshooting various issues that may be network or application related.
· Interface with equipment and telecom vendors to resolve issues.
· Travel outside of the NY area is infrequent but may be required to support company initiatives.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Must be able rotate a standard daily schedule (team coverage time frames from 6am to 6pm ET)
· 3 to 5 years of network engineering experience preferred.
· Networking certifications, such as CCNA, or CCNP, are desirable.
· Experience supporting critical enterprise level LAN, WLAN, and WAN technologies.
· Cisco ISE deployment for network access controls and/or administration experience preferred.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities and change focus as needed.
· Ability to maintain precise documentation and network diagrams.
Standards of Performance:
· Professional representation of Open Technology Solutions.
· Job knowledge/timely, accurate and efficient performance.
· Adherence to OTS’s policies and procedures.
· Promotes and ensures the highest level of quality member Service is provided to all members.
· Confidentiality of all records.
· Timeliness of meeting regulatory guidelines.
· Compliance of regulatory requirements.
· Cost effectiveness and productivity of departmental operations.
· Success in meeting individual, departmental, and corporate goals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required periodically to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, smell and talk or hear.
· Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
· The employee is regularly required to lift up to twenty-five pounds. Job has the following vision requirements: close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· General office environment with low noise levels.
· 40-hour on-site work week with On-Call availability as part of department on call rotation.
· Minimal travel required.
- This position is eligible for an annual bonus with a target payout of 10%, based on company and individual performance. We have met this target for 13 consecutive years.
- The OTS Benefits package includes medical/dental/vision/life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan with fully vested matching, Annual Profit-Sharing contribution, Open Vacation, 100% company-paid short-term disability, company paid long-term disability, holiday pay, paid bonding leave, paid pregnancy disability leave, student loan paydown program, tuition reimbursement, loan discounts, service anniversary bonuses, Section 529 Childrens’ Savings program payment of $1,200 per year.