NorthCoast Asset Management, a multi-asset class systematic asset manager is looking to add to its quantitative portfolio management team.
We are looking for an Associate Vice President to support the option overlay portfolios.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing global team and work directly with the portfolio managers.
You will be a member of the investment making decision process and contribute to this business.
LOCATION: Greenwich, CT 06831
Investment responsibilities - 60%
· Creating bespoke client proposals for option overlay products
· Client onboarding and coordination
· Portfolio monitoring and rebalancing, option expiration , delta rebalancing
· Year-End Tax harvesting
Interface with other departments: - 20%
· Be the contact point to internal and external constituents, including product, sales, client service, trading, technology, and operations
· Leverage online tools to streamline communication efficiently
· Answer client-related request on portfolio positioning and holdings
· Communicate positioning of portfolios, delta file
· Assist with newsletter
Process improvements – 20%
· Maintain infrastructure and information systems to ensure process integrity, verify signal accuracy
· Design templates and monitoring systems to analyze portfolios, streamline investment process and PM actions, new client on-boarding and coherence with market views
· Identifying and implementing opportunities for improvement in our investment process
The ideal candidate will possess:
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills coupled with a strong attention to detail.
· Strong Communication and presentation skills, client facing activities expected.
· Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment, drive to succeed.
· Advanced Excel modeling skills: pivot tables, VBA, ...
· Programming experience or ability to ramp up in Python, SQL, MongoDB, Bloomberg.
· Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field with strong quantitative skills.
· 2-5 years of professional investing experience, ideally in a buy side portfolio management group with exposure to options overlay.
· Progress towards CFA, FRM will be viewed positively.
HOURS: Full-time, 40 hours per week.
We will offer the successful applicant a stimulating and collegial environment in a small dynamic firm, with the ability to "make a difference" to the long-term success of the company.
We offer excellent benefits, and compensation commensurate with experience. If you have a passion for investing, research and hard work in a collaborative environment, please apply, we look forward to meeting you.