ACTS-Aviation Security, Inc. has an immediate opening for Site Director at the CLT International Airport in Charlotte, North Carolina. Join a company that is a leader in the industry with opportunities for growth where you can take your career to the next level.
Established in 2001, ACTS-Aviation Security has grown to become one of the leading providers of security solutions to the US aviation market. ACTS-Aviation Security, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of the international security company ICTS Europe and specializes in the provision of security solutions and services; primarily focused on catering, aircraft and cargo screening. With corporate offices in Chicago and Atlanta, and operational centers at more than 30 airports across the United States, ACTS provides nationwide coverage. As an ICTS Europe subsidiary, ACTS offers unmatched experience, expertise, quality and innovation. ACTS Security Agents are proud of their role in aviation security and have the opportunity for advancement – the ideal place to build a career in aviation security.
Job Summary: The Site Director is responsible for overseeing day to day operations, including hiring, training, disciplining, and terminating staff. This position will build, improve, and maintain relationships with clients and employees; develop and retain staff; coordinate needed support services; and solve problems to effectively run the account, as well as ensuring compliance with all Title 49 CFR. Part 1542 Regulations. This position will be responsible for meeting or exceeding financial and operational goals and ensuring the delivery of exceptional customer service and security programs. This position will maintain or oversee maintenance of weekly operating schedules and completion of payroll for assigned security personnel. This position will provide after-hours emergency response as required.
Direct Reports: 3 direct reports with a team of 100 employees at the airport
Compensation: $100,000 - $110,000 annually
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing the managers responsible for security and traffic operations as well as ACTS site administrators.
- Providing leadership and direction to ACTS personnel by coaching, counseling and developing skills
- Manage the financial aspects of project by overseeing payroll, billing, accounts receivable, scheduling, recruiting, and training
- Acts as a point of contact for the customer
- Work with all levels of the customer organization to identify, analyze and resolve issues and create opportunities for continuous improvement
- Coordinates necessary support services to effectively manage client site to meet or exceed financial and operational goals and ensure delivery of best-in-class customer service and security programs.
- Manage, track, and ensure full compliance with state security licensing requirements for Company and Security Guards
- Handles any escalated security issues or emergency situations.
- Other management responsibilities as determined by client or ACTS President.
- Collaborates with ATS HR Department in identifying, interviewing, and hiring quality candidates.
- Develops staff in both technical and professional skills through performance management (coaching, counseling, disciplining, training, annual formal performance evaluations, recognition, etc.).
- Meets all contractual obligations of ACTS.
- Develops and maintains operational procedures so that a valid, site-specific standard operating procedures and post orders are always available for emergency reference by the security staff.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Aviation Management, Security Management or a closely related field
- Five (5) years of aviation/security management or similar experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
- Must have had, at a minimum, five (5) years’ experience in aviation/security management or similar field including three (3) years of experience at a Title 49 CFR Part 1542
- Holds a valid State of North Carolina private security license
- Highly knowledgeable of the Aviation industry, specifically, guidelines surrounding aviation security as issued by governing agencies.
- Have sound judgment and integrity managing a large team and have a sense of urgency to respond to personnel and client calls 24 hours a day.
- Be highly motivated self-starter with outstanding written, verbal, multi-tasking skills, organizational and interpersonal skills with superior client relationship skills.
- It is highly desirable that the Security Manager has achieved the American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE) Airport Certified Employee (ACE) designation for Security within one (1) year of employment
Technical Skills: (Certification, Licenses and Registration)
- Demonstrated proficiency in office software applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent administrative skill set, with attention to detail and maintaining large and complex filing/database systems