CTO - AI Assisted Hardware Design Startup (“Jarvis PRD”)
About Pioneer Square Labs:
Pioneer Square Labs (PSL) is a premier startup studio and early-stage venture capital fund focused on fostering the next generation of technology companies. PSL Studio collaborates with exceptional entrepreneurs to develop ideas from scratch, validate them, and build venture-scale companies. Over the past five years, PSL has successfully spun out nearly 30 businesses. We are continuously seeking extraordinary individuals to build with us.
About This Role:
Tony Stark once said, "Sometimes you gotta run before you can walk." As the field of hardware development and artificial intelligence continues to rapidly evolve, there lies a monumental opportunity to make a significant impact on the way we create the physical products that make up the world. Jarvis PRD is harnessing AI technology to revolutionize how product requirements and hardware design processes are approached. We are seeking a resilient, adaptable, and experienced Chief Technology Officer or early-stage startup leader to join Jarvis. This role offers an unparalleled opportunity to shape the future of the hardware development industry and truly leave your mark.
Your role will entail building and scaling Jarvis PRD, drawing from your past experiences, market research, our team's pilot programs, and in-house expertise. You'll be developing and launching a groundbreaking product, navigating the challenges and opportunities of innovation in a dynamic, evolving field.
This role is ideal for candidates with a strong background in product development, hardware design tools and technology, AI, or project management, with a passion for taking companies from ideation to realization. If you're excited about leading a groundbreaking revolution and making a tangible impact, we invite you to join our journey.
- Serve as a thought leader and strategy driver for the company in tandem with the CEO
- Work with customers, business, development, design, and fulfillment teams to understand and influence product vision and requirements
- Develop and own all technical aspects of Jarvis' strategy
- Translate our strategy into an achievable roadmap and action plan
- Help assess the specific skills and qualities needed for a world-class engineering team and the task at hand
- Lead by example by being hands-on and actively involved in the development process, including the ability and willingness to write and review production-level code as needed
- Budget for, hire and manage a team of developers
- Act as a champion for our inclusive values and as a source of mentorship and growth
- Provide management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
- Cultivate a sense of customer empathy to continue building an exceptional product
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 5+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- 5+ years of team management experience
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Ability and experience scaling a company
We are an equal opportunity employer and highly value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.