We are looking for an exceptional Systems Administrator to join our multi-tenant Hosting team. With this position comes a host (pun-intended) of interesting and challenging issues that will test your technical prowess and call for clever, well-designed solutions.
You'll act as a Systems Administrator within a small, collaborative team that is changing the way some of the nation's largest healthcare organizations access our software. You'll keep abreast of the latest technologies in a hands-on role that also provides a unique opportunity to share the future direction and design of our systems. The ideal candidate is passionate about technology and the opportunity to play a foundational role in a new team, is self-motivated, and has great communication skills.
You'll be placed within one of our technical teams, such as SAN/Backup, Networking, Security, Virtualization, Windows, or Automation. Learn more about the team at https //careers.epic.com/Jobs/Hosting.More than just important work
Epic is located in Madison, Wisconsin, a city regularly ranked as one of America's best places to live. Epic's environment is one of continuous learning; you'll have access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others. We offer comprehensive benefits to keep you healthy and happy as you grow in your life and career, and your merit-based compensation will reflect the impact your work has on the company and our customers. You'll also be eligible for annual raises and bonuses, as well as stock grants, which give you an even greater stake in the success of Epic and our customers. Epic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We seek diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences in our mission to improve healthcare. Research has shown that job-seekers who are women, LGBTQ+, or members of the global majority are less likely to apply for roles they don't seem completely qualified for, so we encourage all who are interested to apply. Please see our full non-discrimination statement at https //careers.epic.com/EEO.
- Relocation to Madison, WI (reimbursed)
- 1-3+ years of systems experience, or Associate's degree in a related field
- Experience in one of the placement areas above (preferred)
- Strong attention to detail and desire to grow technical expertise
- History of academic and professional success
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. without visa sponsorship
- COVID-19 vaccination
As a member of the Hosting team at Epic you'll be responsible for the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Epic Hosting. Those responsibilities include:
- Following policies and procedures and escalating when policies or procedures are not followed
- Escalating potential security incidents and providing relevant information
- Meeting all security responsibilities defined in policies and procedures