Greeting from IT Engagements.
IT Engagements is a global staff augmentation firm providing a wide-range of talent on-demand and total workforce solutions. We have an immediate opening for the below position with one of our premium clients.
Azure Cloud Engineer
LOCATION: - Medford, OR
or Portland, OR
or Seattle, WA
- 10+ years experience in an IT support or consulting role
- 10+ years experience with Microsoft Azure, M/O365, Windows Servers and supporting technologies.
- 5+ years experience with LAN and WAN configuration, setup, and troubleshooting
- 5+ years experience providing excellent exceptional service directly to end users
- Advanced technical skillset in Windows operating systems: Windows (XP,7,8,10) Window Server (SBS,2008 R2,2012,2016,2019 etc.)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications including Visio
The Cloud Engineer (CE) possesses an advanced, current, and well-rounded skillset in Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365 cloud technologies and solutions. The CE is responsible for the design, implementation, and escalated support of various Azure and 365 solutions including (but not limited to) server infrastructure, SharePoint / OneDrive / Teams, and third-party application integration for Kelley Connect's partner base. Additionally, the CE will be tasked with identifying, vetting, and contextualizing new or upcoming cloud-based solutions to maximize our partners' success through technology. As a member of the IT Engineering team, the CE acts as an escalation resource for our partners and service teammates, assisting in real-time as well as mentoring teammates with various technical skillsets. The CE will have the ability to analyze existing environments (both on-prem and cloud) and make proactive recommendations for improvements based on industry best practices, compliance requirements, and partner need.
- Flexible. Able to work afterhours at times and participate in on-call escalation shifts
- Ability and desire to provide exceptional customer service
- Ability and desire to stay current and informed on new, upcoming, and planned cloud-based technologies from Microsoft and potentially other providers
- Ability to challenge existing solutions and strategies in a collaborative and constructive fashion with both colleagues and partners
- Ability to act with a sense of urgency while paying attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task effectively and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate in a positive, effective, and efficient manner
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to prepare, organize and present information to individuals and groups
Essential Functions Of The Job
- Design, implement, and support Microsoft Azure and 365 solutions and services in both new and existing environments with userbases ranging from 2 to 500 users.
- Includes: Azure Server, Azure Files, Azure Virtual Desktop, RemoteApp, SharePoint/OneDrive/Teams, 365 email, etc.
- Provide timely and business driven recommended solutions for Pre-Sales Engineering (PSE) requests
- Includes: systems analysis, consulting with users on business objectives and recommending solutions that are supportable and align with the framework of our technology stack.
- Maintain and utilize working knowledge of new and upcoming cloud technology and solutions, particularly within the Microsoft Azure and 365 platforms.
- Ability to articulate complex and technical concepts to a wide range of audience types with varying levels of IT knowledge
- Thorough understanding of industry and security best practices for Windows Server environments and associated roles and dependencies
- Provide mentoring, guidance, and education to junior staff. Provide feedback to junior staff and work with the manager to ensure their appropriate professional development
- Work alongside our vCIO team to support customers' business and technology strategies.
- Provide exceptional customer service while communicating ticket updates to client frequently, and professionally.
- Continuously develop technical and professional skills by learning from experiences, studying, and completing relevant training or certification courses
- Seek to continuously improve operational efficiency through automation and tool development
- Thorough understanding of Hyper-V, VMWare and other virtualization platforms
- Other duties as assigned
Sr Technical Recruiter