Cyber Security AnalystJob Location
Scott AFB, ILSecurity Clearance
Active, in-scope US Government issued Top Secret clearanceRequisition Type
FundedDue to the nature of the work and US Government required, US Citizenship is required.
Trace Systems is actively recruiting for a Cyber Security Analyst to join our team based on-site at Scott AFB, IL.
Duties and responsibilities may include, but aren't limited to
Trace Systems Inc.
- Cyber Threat Analysis on the DoD network
- Network Traffic Analysis using packet capture programs
- Conduct routine security audits for compliance
- Respond to alerts and identify malicious threats on the DoD network
- Upgrade network sensors and Security Information and Event Management systems as new threats are discovered
- Manage IDS and IPS devices
- Manage firewalls
- Report findings to USCYBERCOM for review
- 2+ years of Cyber Security or Information Assurance related experience.
- Top Secret clearance - active, in-scope.
- Due to the nature of the work and contract requirements, US Citizenship is required.
- Current DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification (Security+, CCNA-Security, CySA+, etc.)
- Knowledgeable of the life cycle of network threats, attacks, attack vectors.
- Understanding of methods of exploitation and of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- Understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth and common security elements.
- Hands-on experience analyzing high volumes logs, network data (e.g. Netflow, FPC), and other attack artifacts in support of incident investigations.
- In-depth knowledge of architecture, engineering, and operations of at least one enterprise SIEM platform (e.g. Nitro/McAfee Enterprise Security Manager, ArcSight, QRadar, LogLogic, Splunk).
- Experience and proficiency with any of the following Anti-Virus, HIPS, ID/PS, Full Packet Capture software, Host-Based Forensics, or Network Forensics.
- Experience with malware analysis concepts and methods.
- Unix/Linux command line experience.
- Scripting and programming experience.
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings.
- Willingness to perform shift work.
- Advanced certifications such as SANS GIAC/GCIA/GCIH, CISSP, CASP and/or SIEM-specific training and certification. (CISSP or equivalent).
- Demonstrated commitment to training, self-study and maintaining proficiency in the technical cyber security domain.
- A minimum Bachelor's degree is required, however additional experience, education, and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
was founded to support and defend our nation's security interests at home and abroad–– whenever and wherever. We provide enterprise IT, engineering, full life-cycle communications, cybersecurity, cloud and virtualization services and solutions to the United States Department of Defense and other federal agencies.To Apply
We invite you to put your talents to work by joining a growing team of dynamic professionals here at Trace Systems! Be part of a culture at our leading-edge company where you can achieve great things while fostering a satisfying and rewarding career progression. To learn more about our current openings, text ‘tracejobs’ to 97211 or apply directly through our website at www.tracesystems.com. #jointracesystems
Trace Systems is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, disability, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.