Text code SECEE to 202-915-6712 to apply!
Since 2009, MindPoint Group has been the cybersecurity firm of choice for the most security-conscious US federal agencies and commercial enterprises.
We're proud to be one of Inc. 5000's fastest-growing companies in the country. With several ‘Best Places to Work’ awards under our belts, we have a diverse employee-focused culture, accessibility, and communication between all levels and departments, and over 4 stars in reviews on Glassdoor.
Come be a part of what we're building. We use our award-winning recruitment process to seek the most skilled, experienced, and driven information security consulting experts in the industry, while simultaneously empowering applicants to determine if MindPoint Group is the right fit for them. We are profoundly invested in selecting the right people to join our team and are equally driven to expand and develop careers long-term.
With positions throughout the US, a role at MindPoint Group promises you:
- An opportunity to work within one of the most diverse DC-based organizations
- Generous tuition and professional development reimbursements
- Mentorship opportunities with leaders focused on your growth
- Competitive benefits like 401k matching, 11 federal holidays, etc.
- And more!
Job DescriptionThis is contingent upon award.
MindPoint Group is seeking an experienced Security Engineer to support architecture, security operations, and incident response activities. Tasks are expected to be executed while coordinating with various government teams in mission-critical environments.What You Get To Do Every Day
- Providing operations and maintenance support for cybersecurity hardware and software that enable the functions of the agency's SOC, including access management, patch deployment, upgrades, troubleshooting, and documentation of procedures
- Monitor the health of the SOC's enterprise architecture and recommend improvements
- Ensure compliance with agency policies and service levels
- Support the integration of SOC hardware and software with other agency IT capabilities
- Support enhancements to hardware and software capabilities that will improve the agency's cybersecurity operations and incident response functions
- Prepare and conduct training on the cybersecurity hardware and software tools that are maintained
What skills are required?
- Top Secret Clearance required**
What is ideal?
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field from an accredited college/university or equivalent experience
- Minimum of six (6) years of general experience and four (4) years of relevant experience in functional responsibility
- Experience administering security tools such as Cisco Secure IPS/NGWF, Cisco Secure Network Analytics, Splunk Enterprise Security, Splunk SOAR, Splunk UBA, CrowdStrike EDR, and Trellix Endpoint Security
- Knowledge of IT Service Management concepts and experience applying them to manage cybersecurity capabilities
- Experience working in a SOC and performing incident response
- Strong analytical, writing, and organizational skills
- Experience and education preferred in CEH, eCPPT, OSCP, GCFW, GCIH, other relevant IT security certifications, or advanced vendor certifications such as Splunk Certified Architect; Security+, Network+, GSEC, or other relevant IT security product certifications such as Certified Systems Analyst, or SnortCP CISSP, CISM, or ISO 27001
- Familiarity with implementing DISA STIGs and CIS Benchmarks preferred
- This is an on-site role in Columbia, SC.
Job applicants that are interested in one of our openings and may require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, should contact us to request an accommodation.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Highlights of our benefits include Health/Dental/Vision, 401(k) match, Flexible Time Off, STD/LTD/Life Insurance, Referral Bonuses, professional development reimbursement, maternity/paternity leave, mobile phone stipend, pre-tax commuter benefits, the opportunity to participate in our mentorship program, and more!
- MindPoint is committed to maintaining a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Are you interested in a posted job opportunity but may not check all of the “boxes” for desired qualifications? If so, we encourage you to apply! Our commitment to sustain and champion an inclusive and dynamic community of employees is a high priority!
Text code SECEE to 202-915-6712 to apply!