Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers six product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, workplace and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $460M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 16 offices across three continents, 1,700+ full-time employees and 20,000+ customers across 70+ countries.Overview
As the second hire on the Compensation Strategy team, you will take on various cross-functional projects partnering closely with Accounting, Finance, People Operations and various levels of management at the company. You will help drive projects that analyze and constantly improve compensation planning, designing equity award programs across Verkada. This is a high visibility role to the executive team.Responsibilities
- Compensation Analytics & Planning: own and refine Verkada’s global compensation strategy for the company as the business scales; develop and document compensation guidelines, policies and ongoing training programs, define requirements and project manage compensation software systems.
- Market analysis: use market intelligence and data to ensure the market competitiveness of our cash pay, equity pay and benefits for our roles globally during our phase of rapid growth.
- Functional partnership: partner with Finance, People Partners, Recruiters, Hiring Managers, and Executives on pay decisions, compensation process & policies, and job evaluation.
- Workflow management: Build tools and processes to streamline all compensation workflows, from job posting to internal approvals to offer signature
- Reporting: help develop and track critical compensation reporting metrics for the Executive team and managers, and communicate actionable insights to relevant stakeholders to help manage overall compensation costs.
- Raw smarts: we are looking for people with raw smarts, strong business acumen who can approach complex problems, dive deep, and solve them from start to finish.
- Strong analytical skills: you have a data-driven mentality and high attention to detail; you are excited to dig through data to get actionable insights. Excel skills are a must; SQL / Looker experience is a plus.
- Cross-functional communication: you’ll need to connect and partner with stakeholders ranging from sales reps to software engineers to effectively implement our financial strategy and processes. Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Flexibility: you are comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment that will require you to manage competing priorities, pivot quickly and often, and continually build new processes as the company scales
- 3+ years of work experience preferably at an investment bank or management consultant
At Verkada, we want to attract and retain the best employees, and compensate them in a way that appropriately and fairly values their individual contribution to the company. With that in mind, we carefully consider a number of factors to determine the appropriate starting pay for an employee, including their primary work location and an assessment of a candidate’s skills and experience, as well as market demands and internal parity. This estimate can vary based on the factors described above, so the actual starting annual base salary may be above or below this range. This estimate is also just one component of Verkada’s total rewards package. A Verkada employee may be eligible for additional forms of compensation, depending on their role, including sales incentives, discretionary bonuses, and/or equity in the company in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Estimated Annual Pay Range
$70,000—$160,000 USDVerkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.