It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
At Proofpoint, we have a passion for protecting people, data, and brands from today’s advanced threats and compliance risks. We hire the best people in the business to
- Build and enhance our proven security platform
- Blend innovation and speed in a constantly evolving cloud architecture
- Analyze new threats and offer deep insight through data-driven intel
- Collaborate with customers to help solve their toughest security challenges
We are singularly devoted to helping our customers protect what matters most. That’s why we’re a leader in next-generation cybersecurity—and why more than half of the Fortune 100 trust us as a security partner.The Role
We are seeking an experienced Account Manager to join our growing Commercial “Add-On” team sitting in our Sunnyvale, CA office. In this role you will focus on expanding our product footprint with our existing customer base. By joining our already successful team, you will be an instrumental part of our consistent year over year revenue growth!Your day-to-day
What You Bring To The Team
- This is a Hybrid role 3 days a week in office role (Sunnyvale, CA
- The Account Manager will be responsible for working with our existing customers in a consultative manner to identify additional solutions from the Proofpoint portfolio
- Drive the entire sales process from start to finish including opportunity identification, introductory meetings, product demonstration, customer Q&A, as well as negotiation and closing
- Develop, customize, and utilize effective close plans to navigate and manage the sales process
- Team up with our world class Sales Engineering team to devise and execute account strategies and plans
- Engage with our rapidly expanding channel partner network to educate, inform, and drive incremental revenue
- Interact with the management team in 1-1, team meetings and via forecasting and reporting to provide critical updates, and strategic account planning
- Provide outstanding and high touch customer service, including escalation and coordination of support issues as needed
- Become a perpetual student of Proofpoint products, and the ever changing CyberSecurity industry!
- You can achieve your quota, but quite frankly we would love you to blow it out of the water!
- May require modified work hours to cover accounts in other time zones, and occasional travel for key accounts
- Minimum 2 years of solution sales experience, focused on generating net new or add-on revenue
- Must have experience selling to the C-suite, extensive experience selling to CISO, CIO, CTO preferred
- Consistent track record of meeting and/or exceeding quota goals
- Experience managing longer sales cycles (2-6 months) from prospecting stage through negotiation and closing
- Experience or training in established sales methodologies such as SPIN, Sandler, Miller Heiman, Value Selling or The Challenger Sale is preferred
- Competitive nature, operating within a team environment
- Ability to present and discuss highly technical information, as well as aptitude to learn new concepts quickly
- Strong presentation skills, both in person and via phone/online
- Security or SaaS sales experience a plus
- Capable of providing great customer care while continuing to identify new revenue opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization with leading edge products, there are many exciting reasons to join the Proofpoint team. We believe in hiring the best the brightest and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation. As we continue to grow and expand globally, we understand that hiring the right people and treating them well is key to our success! We are a multi-national company with locations in 30 countries, with each location contributing to Proofpoint’s amazing culture!If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!