Docker is a remote first company with employees across Europe, APAC and the Americas that simplifies the lives of developers who are making world-changing apps. We raised our Series C funding in March 2022 for $105M at a $2.1B valuation. We continued to see exponential revenue growth last year. Join us for a whale of a ride!
The Developer Velocity Team ensures we offer the best experience in the industry when developing with containers. The team is adding tooling in Docker Desktop to speed up developer workflows when editing, testing, monitoring and debugging applications. We enable developers to spend more time writing code and less time on everything else.
The successful candidate is passionate about building tools for developers and familiar with container technologies. They have the experience and skills to build performant, reliable, and accessible products. They have strong interpersonal skills and work well in a highly-collaborative environment.
- Lead or contribute to new features that enhance the user experience and capabilities in Docker Desktop
- Work within a cross-functional delivery team of 5+ software engineers, with an embedded product manager, engineering manager, designer, and data engineer
- Write deterministic and highly readable unit, integration, and e2e tests
- Show a high level of ownership throughout the lifecycle of the features you create
- Demonstrate open collaboration across teams and take ownership of supporting the internal engineering needs of the team
- 8+ years of experience building commercial software applications, including desktop applications (full stack experience preferred)
- 2+ years backend experience, including Golang
- Knowledge of security best practices
- Experience with containerization
- Experience and strong interest in building and improving developer tooling
- Ability and interest in working at a fully remote company
- Strong verbal and written English skills
What to expect in the first 30 days:
- Work with a team of 5 engineers, a product manager, a designer, and a data engineer
- Get acquainted with development on Docker Desktop
What to expect in the first 90 days:
- Add new features in Docker Desktop to improve developer workflows and their use of containers
What to expect in the first year:
- Deliver on multiple successful projects that improve the experience of our users
- Engage with the community and our customers to ensure we’re making their lives easier through “magical productivity”
- Freedom & flexibility; fit your work around your life
- Home office setup; we want you comfortable while you work
- 16 weeks of paid Parental leave
- Technology stipend equivalent to $100 net/month
- PTO plan that encourages you to take time to do the things you enjoy
- Quarterly, company-wide hackathons
- Training stipend for conferences, courses and classes
- Equity; we are a growing start-up and want all employees to have a share in the success of the company
- Docker Swag
- Medical benefits, retirement and holidays vary by country
Docker embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.