General Summary Of Position
The MedStar Health Care Connection Contact Center has a Full Time, day shift, hybrid opportunity at our call center located in the White Marsh area. The ideal candidate will have the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with patients and their families through active listening, empathy, courtesy, and professionalism while scheduling patient appointments in our high-volume call center.Primary Duties And Responsibilities
- Responds to telephone inquiries from patients, physicians, employees and other callers regarding appointments, referrals, provider messages and services within MedStar in accordance with established guidelines.
- Utilizes physician protocols to schedule appointments for multiple subspecialties or locations and meets established performance goals.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associate's degree preferred.
Licenses and Certifications
- 2 years customer service experience preferably within a healthcare setting required.
- Experience working in a hospital or medical office scheduling environment preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- No special certification, registration or licensure required.
Why MedStar Health?
- Able to work in a complex work environment with heavy call volume that involves coordination and support with various departments, patients, healthcare providers and system. Ability to type 40 WPM accurately, Computer literate and able to navigate among varied systems and the Internet. Must show aptitude in learning and using scheduling and electronic health record software. Ability to operate standard office equipment. Excellent interpersonal skills and telephone/written communication skills. Committed to providing excellent service to MedStar customers and ability to display strong listening skills and empathy to MedStar patients and co-workers. Must be able to work in a fast-paced, often high-pressure environment, with proven ability to maintain composure in stressful situations and manage and diffuse angry or upset patients. Must be self-directed and able to multitask.
At MedStar Health, We Understand That Our Ability To Treat Others Well Begins With How We Treat Each Other. We Work Hard To Foster An Inclusive And Positive Environment Where Our Associates Feel Valued, Connected, And Empowered. We Live Up To This Promise Through
About MedStar Health
- Strong emphasis on teamwork - our associates feel connected to each other and our mission as an organization. In return, our effective team environment generates positive patient outcomes and high associate satisfaction ratings that exceed the national benchmark.
- Strategic focus on equity, inclusion, & diversity - we are committed to equity for all people and communities. We continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace where people feel a sense of belonging and the ability to contribute to equitable care delivery and improved community health outcomes at all levels of the organization.
- Comprehensive total rewards package - including competitive pay, generous paid time off, great health and wellness benefits, retirement savings, education assistance, and so much more.
- More career opportunities closer to home - as the largest healthcare provider in the Baltimore-Washington, D.C. region, there are countless opportunities to grow your career and fulfill your aspirations.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation, and research. Our team of 32,000 includes physicians, nurses, residents, fellows, and many other clinical and non-clinical associates working in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest home health provider in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar Health is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education, professional development, and personal fulfillment of our whole team. Together, we use the best of our minds and the best of our hearts to serve our patients, those who care for them, and our communities. It’s how we treat people.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations. MedStar Health makes all decisions regarding employment, including for example, hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, benefit eligibility, discipline, and discharge without regard to any protected status, including race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, sex, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political affiliations, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local EO laws. If you receive an offer of employment, it is MedStar Health's policy to hire its employees on an at-will basis, which means you or MedStar Health may terminate this relationship at any time, for any reason.