Job Role: Senior Cyber / Cloud Architect
Duration: 1 year
Location: IRVING PLAZA New York, NY, United States
Visa: USC, GC only
Under the general guidance of the Security Architect/Systems Manager, the candidate will be responsible for evaluating and implementing new technologies, analyzing infrastructure and software designs and implementations, and identify and resolve potential issues to help enhance and secure a large enterprise network. The position requires a broad foundation of IT architectural experience with an understanding of current IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS technologies. Familiarity with Internet facing technologies, server/storage technologies, cloud services and hybrid cloud integration is a must. The candidate will be responsible for designing complex and innovative solutions addressing vulnerability detection, threat and risk analysis, network intrusion, securing technology assets across the application, infrastructure, cloud and data tiers and development/implementation of vulnerability mitigation strategies. This is a hands-on team member who actively works with various teams including security, infrastructure and development teams to improve our overall security standards. This position is expected to be the last level of technical escalation within the company for the assigned responsibilities
Guides engineering teams and makes informed security decisions on the design of infrastructure, systems and applications
Works with tech leads and teams to ensure security is built into app development, network infrastructure and cloud systems. Work with necessary Information Technology groups to satisfy specific technology related issues. Act as an Information Security liaison between the customers and all groups in Information Technology
Implements industry leading practices around cyber risks and Cloud security and perform security assessments of cloud platforms/environments using industry standard frameworks such as ISO, CSA-CSM and NIST
Designs and develops security policies, standards and procedures e.g. firewall management, SSL/IPSec, security incident and event management (SIEM), data protection (DLP, encryption), user account management (SSO, SAML), and password/key management.
Identifies software weaknesses that could lead to exploitable vulnerabilities such as SQL injection, cross-site scripting, cross-site request forgery, buffer overflows, use of hard-coded passwords, weak encryption, sensitive data.
Seasoned professional with detailed technical knowledge of techniques, standards and state-of-the art capabilities for authentication and authorization, applied cryptography, security vulnerabilities and remediation. Can advise on architecture decisions at technical and product level.
Adequate knowledge of web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services and Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols.
Experience designing the secure deployment and monitoring of applications and infrastructure into public cloud services (e.g., AWS or Microsoft Azure).
Constantly looking for better ways of solving security problems and designing the solution, not afraid of challenging the status quo.
Support various systems and become SME for them
Respond swiftly to all alerts; performing initial risk/impact assessments or escalating issues as appropriate
Follow change management controls and guidelines
Support operating organizations during corporate emergencies. Participate in the Company's emergency management processes, cyber security and storm plans
Skills & Requirements
Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- 4-6 years thorough understanding of network communication protocols and security standards.
- Must be comfortable and skilled at driving information security processes and techniques. Must be able to communicate designs and give persuasive presentations. Must be able to interact with all levels of management and communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments with changing priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Must be flexible and able to work off-hours as required to support deployments, resolve production problems or respond to corporate emergencies.
- Ability to establish medium and long-term plans and priorities and estimate investment requirements.
- 4-6 years strong understanding of cyber security principles.
- 4-6 years experience designing, developing, and implementing secure architectures and/or processes.
- 2 years Threat Management, preferred
- Experience with implementing or integrating commercially available infrastructure components.
- Experience in evaluating technology and establishing standard designs.
- Must be conversant in emerging technologies and practices such as cloud computing
- Must be experienced with SIEM (Splunk) and SOAR (Phantom) products
- Experience with Azure Sentinel and Cloud logging, Microsoft integrations with Splunk, preferred
- Experience with enterprise level Antivirus, IDS/IPS, EDR, TIP, UEBA, and DLP tools, preferred
- Knowledge of Containerization and API management, preferred
- Experience with Public Cloud(s) - Azure / Oracle / AWS, preferred
- Ability to create technical documentation, Architecture diagrams, and workflows
The following are not required for this position but would be considered as a valuable asset in a potential candidate.
Technical certifications (e.g. Azure/ Oracle / AWS Cloud certifications, CISSP, CISM, CIPP, Splunk Certifications, etc.) are preferred but not mandatory. Experience in Agile Development, with specific Security Architect (or similar) experience preferred. Knowledge of security tools, python, scripting is preferred