Title: Cloud Systems Engineer (AWS/Azure)
Location: Washington, DC (1-2 Days a Week)
Terms: Full Time/Permanent
Clearance: All qualified applicants must be able to obtain a DoD Secret level clearance. By virtue of that, all must be US citizens.
Salary: $145-$160K commensurate with experience
Our client is hiring a Systems Engineer to play an important role in the development and support of mission and operational solutions for our Federal Government customer.
- A cloud/system engineer should have excellent troubleshooting skills, stay current with industry trends, and should be a team player
- Bachelor's degree in IT related field
- 6+ years of experience in architecting, designing, developing, implementing, operating, and maintaining cloud solutions on AWS and Microsoft Azure platforms, IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Experience of installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting in a Microsoft environment is essential
- Proficiency in Windows Active Directory, Group Policy, Server, and Domain management
- Proficiency in Azure Active Directory, Endpoint Management, Auto-Pilot
- Working knowledge of DNS, DHCP, RADIUS, HTTP, mail, and database services
- Working knowledge of SSL and other certificates
- Experience of installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting in a Unix/Linux environment is plus
- Exceptional knowledge of networking technologies (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Familiarity with administration, performance tuning, and system monitoring
- Linux, Microsoft, VMware certifications are plus
- Eligibility for this job requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Active DOD Secret clearance. (or Eligible for a clearance)
- Experience architecting, building, deploying, securing, operating, and maintaining services according to the AWS Well-Architected Framework.
- Experience designing, writing, and executing automation and infrastructure provisioning/configuration management tools such as Bash, Python, Ansible, Terraform, AWS Systems Manager, etc.
- Experience running endpoint protection software, conducting vulnerability scans, and patching/remediating findings.
- Experience planning, deploying, and maintaining a PKI.
- Experience implementing 802.1X standards and mechanisms utilizing RADIUS.
- Familiarity with ATOs, NIST 800-53 control families, RMF, SRGs, and STIGs.
One or more of the following certifications:
DOD 8570.01-M compliant IAT Level II certificate (CCNA Security, CySA+**, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, SSCP) OR IAT Level II certification (CASP+, CCNO Security, CISA, CISSP) DoD 857001.M operating system certification for IAT Level II
- Defines, designs and develops system requirements
- Performs trade-off analysis of performance, life-cycle cost, risk, producibility, and other system or program requirements
- Assesses architecture and current hardware limitations, defines and designs system specifications, and evaluates input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility
- Coordinates design of subsystems and integration of total system
- Defines system support requirements to include monitoring, capacity, staffing and patching/updating
- Analyzes and resolves program support deficiencies
- Conducts independent technical investigations in systems design
- Installs, tunes, upgrades, troubleshoots, and maintains all computer systems relevant to the supported applications including all necessary tasks to perform operating system administration, user account management, disaster recovery strategy and networking configuration
- Develop and implement techniques to prevent system problems, troubleshoots incidents to recover services, and support the root cause analysis
- Evaluates new systems by performing in-depth tests, including end-user reviews
- Researches software and related products to support recommendations and purchasing
- Determines systems integration issues by evaluating components; developing and completing performance tests; analyzing test data; studying project requirements; analyzing user and potential user input; evaluating similar and related products and systems
- Develop system automation and system integration of business processes
- Improves engineering job knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies