Transdev is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes of passenger transit in North America, providing bus, rail, paratransit, shuttle, sedan and taxi services. We manage over 200 transportation contracts for cities, transit authorities and airports, providing safe and sustainable mobility solutions. Our mission is to improve public transportation, to enhance quality of life and combat global warming.
Seeking a Systems Administrator will work with department staff, operational personnel, and senior management, and is responsible for support and maintenance of the Transdev infrastructure.
- Familiar with multiple-site operations, LAN and WAN technologies.
- Install, configure, and maintain network equipment, servers, and workstations
- Troubleshoot operating system, application, network problems
- Maintain user account information including e-mail, security, and system groups
- Perform Daily backups, maintain logs and archived information
- Provide strong customer service to clients and staff
- Printer, Fax, and other peripherals support and maintenance
- Consult with and advise management on operational system problems
- Work with Help Desk to provide support and resolutions as assigned
- Assist in supporting other regions as necessary
- Routine and emergency maintenance visits to locations
- 5+ years’ work experience in IT environments performing tasks associated with Network Admin / Systems Admin roles
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Self-motivated when working independently as required
- Ability to quickly learn and support proprietary systems
- Strong work ethic, Good organizational skills
- Excellent communication, customer service skills
Education & Technical Certifications Requirements:
- Technical Certifications/Expertise:
- Technical Skills: AD administration, DNS, DHCP, SQL 2000/2005, MS Office, Server 2003/2008, RTA, Dell, Lenovo, HP workstations and server hardware, Symantec Antivirus, WSUS, server management software, Backup Exec, PBX system administration.
- Certifications: Microsoft, A+, Network +
- Requires individual to frequently travel to company locations and perspective client locations.
- Individual must be willing to work in a fast-paced, occasionally stressful environment.
- Some evening or weekend work may also be required to meet deadlines.
- This position will also provide on call support for after hours emergencies, issues.
For more information please visit our website at www.transdevna.com/careers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check