TECHNOGEN, Inc. is a Proven Leader in providing full IT Services, Software Development and Solutions for 15 years.
TECHNOGEN is a Small & Woman Owned Minority Business with GSA Advantage Certification. We have offices in VA; MD & Offshore development centers in India. We have successfully executed 100+ projects for clients ranging from small business and non-profits to Fortune 50 companies and federal, state and local agencies.
I am sridevi from Technogen and writing to let you know regarding a job opportunity for a Systems Administrator with one of our client. Please share your updated profile to firstname.lastname@example.org in case you would be interested to take up this opportunity. Besides, you can reach out to me for any clarifications at 703-520-0875.
Mentioned in the job description for your review:
Role: Systems Administrator
Location: Alexandria VA &Landover MD
Duration: Long Term
: this position requires the person to report to either of these addresses, The AIM Sys Admin is required to work at both locations, and from week to week at any mix of the two:
- Alexandria VA 22314
- Landover MD 20785
Duties And Responsibilities
- Server administration of Windows and Linux systems with a focus on the former.
- Advanced administration of Windows Active Directory, including trusts, functional levels, and migrations.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Monitor system/server resources including performance, capacity, availability, serviceability, and recoverability
- Understanding of IIS and related Web technologies
- Ability to perform all aspects of systems and server administrations activities including performing server, installation of software, upgrading of software, configuration management and general system maintenance.
- Capacity to analyze and diagnose server problems and recommend corrective measures.
- Experience interfacing with vendors to resolve system configurations, problems, and other issues.
- Understanding of network and server design/implementation and ability to suggest modifications for the purpose of improving performance and reliability.
- Ability to record all relevant design and implementation diagrams, schemas and documents clearly and succinctly.
- Experience in hardware, software, and communication products/services acquisition
- Experience with Agile SCRUM methodology, ceremonies and artifacts.
- Manages vulnerability reports and remediates as required
- Develops and submits change requests and tracks to completion for software upgrades and patches.
- Experience installing SSL certificates on Windows
Education And Years Of Experience
- Seven (7) years of experience as a Systems Engineer or System Administrator at a senior level
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Engineering or a related field
- Competent to work in all areas of System Administration on MS Stack
Required And Desired Skills/Certifications
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) or equivalent
- Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA) or equivalent
- Working experience of Enterprise Administration on Microsoft Stack
- Hands-on experience with VMware-VSphere
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Working Knowledge of Basic Linux and Unix servers (command line)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Servers