Text code ISSO8 to 202-915-6712 to apply!
Since 2009, MindPoint Group has been the cybersecurity firm of choice for the most security-conscious US federal agencies and commercial enterprises.
We're proud to be one of Inc. 5000's fastest growing companies in the country. With several ‘Best Places to Work’ awards under our belts, we have a diverse employee-focused culture, accessibility, and communication between all levels and departments, and over 4 stars in reviews on Glassdoor.
Come be a part of what we're building. We use our award-winning recruitment process to seek the most skilled, experienced, and driven information security consulting experts in the industry, while simultaneously empowering applicants to determine if MindPoint Group is the right fit for them. We are profoundly invested in selecting the right people to join our team and are equally driven to expand and develop careers long-term.
With positions throughout the US, a role at MindPoint Group promises you:
- An opportunity to work within one of the most diverse DC-based organizations
- Generous tuition and professional development reimbursements
- Mentorship opportunities with leaders focused on your growth
- Competitive benefits like 401k matching, 11 federal holidays, etc.
- And more!
This role is responsible for researching, generating, and validating security controls that support the customers’ Risk Management Framework (RMF) and ICD 503 Security Accreditation. Responsibilities include helping to define, create, and maintain Systems Security Plans (SSP) to support Accreditation and Authorization (A&A) reviews and coordinating with customer security organizations as part of a delivery pipeline to achieve Authority to Operate (ATO). Additionally, ISSOs review systems to identify potential security weaknesses, recommend improvements to amend vulnerabilities, and assist with implementing changes and documenting upgrades.What You Get To Do Every Day
- Develop and update security authorization packages in accordance with the client’s requirements and compliant with FISMA. Core documents that you will be responsible for are the System Security Plan (SSP), Risk Assessment Report, Security Assessment Plan and Report, Contingency Plan, Incident Response Plan (IRP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&M), Remediation Plans, Configuration Management Plan (CMP), etc.
- Validate that protective measures for physical security are in place to support the system's security requirements
- Maintain an inventory of hardware and software for the information system
- Develop, coordinate, test, and train staff on Contingency Plans and Incident Response Plans
- Manage emerging and defined risks associated with the administration and use of assigned information systems
- Coordinate with the client's Cybersecurity Unit to achieve and maintain the information systems' compliance and authorization to operate (ATO)
- Perform risk analyses to determine cost-effective and essential safeguards
- Support Incident Response and Contingency activities
- Able to perform security control assessment in using NIST 800-53A publication as well as OMB A-130 and OMB A-123 circulars
- Conduct Independent scans of the application, network, and database (where required)
- Provide continuous monitoring to enforce client security policy and procedures and create processes that will provide oversight into the following activities for the system owner
- Coordinate with multiple stakeholders to complete mandatory agency data calls in a timely manner
QualificationsWhat skills do you need?
What is ideal?
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years of general work experience and 2 years of relevant experience as an ISSO or Security Analyst
- Familiarity with program security responsibilities to include, but not limited to the NIST RMF, audit log reviews, system monitoring, SPAA processes, FISMA requirements, vulnerability & compliance scanning, continuous monitoring activities, security testing and evaluation, and security policies.
- Understanding of system administration in understanding permissions, event monitoring, and logging.
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of FISMA and SA&A process
- Proficiency in writing technical analysis reports
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good business acumen
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently, and accurately in a dynamic and fluid environment
- Certifications to include CAP, CEH, Cloud+, and CASP+
- FedRAMP and Cloud (Azure, AWS) experience preferred
- Understanding and experience with CSAM is a PLUS
- Knowledge of DISA STIGS, CIS Benchmarks
- Experience using or interpreting Nessus scans
- This role will be hybrid in nature with working on client site a few days a week in Washington, DC.
- All offers are contingent upon proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or successful accommodation for an exemption.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Highlights of our benefits include Health/Dental/Vision, 401(k) match, Flexible Time Off, STD/LTD/Life Insurance, Referral Bonuses, professional development reimbursement, maternity/paternity leave, mobile phone stipend, pre-tax commuter benefits, the opportunity to participate in our mentorship program, and more!
- MindPoint is committed to maintaining a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Text code ISSO8 to 202-915-6712 to apply!