At Murphy Oil Corporation, we believe the rich experiences and backgrounds of our employees strengthen our Company, create a productive workforce, and drive our success. We encourage you to apply for the positions for which you meet the qualifications.
The Global IT Service Desk Manager will be responsible for managing Information Technology end-user operations and ensuring stable and consistent services in a dynamic oil and gas business environment. The job will drive global standards, standard operating procedures, user experience enhancement initiatives, and continued digital transformation. The role has global accountabilities including managing US-based as well as outsourced teams.
The IT Service Desk Manager will work in our Houston Corporate office and may work two (2) days a week remote.
- Run global IT Help Desk and ensure a consistent end-user experience as it relates to IT services including device management and software support
- Build a cohesive team and effectively manage, train, and develop the IT End User Experience team
- A thorough understanding of the strategic vision of IT and the ability to set the long-term direction of the team in line with the vision
- Ensure all processes used by the team are thoroughly documented, consistently audited, and regularly improved
- Provide leadership in the effective use of internal systems and data communications. Responsible for staff management and development, delivering efficient department operations and project completion through proper assessment of resource needs, assignment of personnel, delegation of responsibility, and leadership
- Responsibilities include managing onsite and offsite resources, ensuring connectivity and operations of A/V equipment, planning and managing implementations or upgrades, vendor contract management, technical troubleshooting and maintenance, identifying and evaluating state-of-the-art technologies, performance reviews with employees, problem resolution, etc.
- Responsible for vendor contracts and vendor performance of services
- Responsible for creating a technology environment that enables enterprise agility
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in running a global IT Service Desk
- Experienced in supervising an offshore Managed Services Help Desk team
- Extensive background working with vendors of digital services
- Astute level of technical knowledge of IT systems, processes, standard operating procedures, infrastructure and operations
- Ability and ambition to work digitally and build digital business recognizing that data and technology proficiency are critical for career development
- A seasoned leader dealing with customers, staff, budgets, and developing and executing plans/strategies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to create timely, accurate and succinct written communications
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills; ability to work with senior management, mid-level management and end-users
- Strong management skills; sets, meets and exceeds targets and results, delivers on commitments, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, demonstrates persistence and stamina, accepts accountability, volunteers for additional work, handles information flow, committed to continuous improvement
- Strong listening skills; open to other viewpoints; maintains constructive relationships, welcomes newcomers and promotes a positive atmosphere
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related degree is preferred
- Extensive and deep knowledge of the Oil and Gas business and the systems and needs of the internal customers
- Experience leading Infrastructure, Network, or Cloud teams
We believe in providing energy that empowers people.
We challenge the norm, tap into our strong legacy and use our foresight and financial discipline to deliver inspired energy solutions.
We see a future where we are an industry leader who is positively impacting lives for the next 100 years and beyond.
VALUES & BEHAVIORS
Do Right Always
- Respect people, safety, environment and the law
- Follow through on commitments
- Make it better
Think Beyond Possible
- Offer solution
- Step up and lead
- Don’t settle for “good enough”
- Embrace new opportunities
Stay With It
- Show resilience
- Lean into challenges
- Support each other
- Consider the implications
Murphy Oil Corporation participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program. Please read the E-Verify Notice-English / E-Verify Notice-Spanish and Right to Work Notice before proceeding with your job application.
For additional information, you may also visit the USCIS website.
Murphy Oil Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, genetic information, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Supplement