VP SOLUTION ADVISORYKey Skills: Attention to detail | Collaborative communication | High integrity
The VP of Solution Advisory at Bluewaveis responsible for building and leading our CX, Network Security, and Cloud technology practice teams which manage the transformation and strategic sourcing initiatives for Bluewave clients.
In this role, the VP of Solution Advisory will build and manage a Solution Advisory organization that overachieves for our clients, is performance driven, has shared accountability with sales and lives by the Bluewave values.
Our Solution Advisors are client obsessed, independent, passionate about technology transformation and believe in the business impact we deliver. Through your attention to detail and highly collaborative communication skills, you will help ensure that the Bluewave Solution Advisory team can strategically advise and delight our clients every day with a best-in-class technology management process.
- Be a hands-on leader as you build a Solution Advisory organization and own the revenue responsibilities for the team.
- Manage a team of 10+ Solution Advisors, Analysts, and Engagement Managers.
- Enrich the frameworks and processes for providing value-based assessments.
- Work directly with our sales team to understand the needs of prospects and customers, strategize on how to navigate sales cycles and facilitate closing business.
- Work with vendors and service provider partners to develop and execute solution-selling strategies and identify opportunities to broaden and deepen client relationships.
- Define the process for scoping client engagements, designing the delivery team, and overseeing client assessment engagement pipeline.
- Create high-impact practice content and thought leadership for IT transformation.
- Partner with sales leadership to achieve growth goals.
- Collaborate and maintain a close working relationship with marketing, sales, client success representatives, project management, and other Bluewave stakeholders supporting client relations.
- Innovate and implement strategies to uplevel your team's skills and elevate Bluewave's position in the marketplace.
- Develop benchmarking and appropriate metric/KPIs.
Qualifications & Experience
- 10+ years of Service Provider, Technology Sourcing, and Professional Services industry experience with 5+ years of direct management experience (hiring, training, and retaining top, diverse talent).
- Direct experience building network and security solutions leveraging Tier 1 Service providers.
- Established industry expert with a broad understanding of the advanced networking and cloud-based technologies including Cloud, SASE, SDWAN, UCaaS/CCaaS, layer 2 and layer 3 networking, and cybersecurity.
- A proven track record of driving growth and thrives in a fast and collaborative environment.
- Led strategic consulting engagements with enterprise clients providing professional expertise developing strategies and solutions to reduce costs, boost performance, and ensure compliance.
- Outstanding presentation skills to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to find unique solutions to problems while always having a point of view.
- Analytical evaluation skills for forecasting, outcome measurement, and planning.
Requisite Abilities and/or Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a business discipline preferred
- Technical familiarity and/or sales experience with some or all the following technologies:
- WAN Networks and SD-WAN platforms
- Unified Communications / UCaaS
- Contact Center Technology / CCaaS / CX
- Cyber Security Solutions (Firewalls, DDoS, Penetration Testing, etc.) and Frameworks (NIST, ISO 27001, HI-TRUST, PCI, etc.)
- Colocation and Application Services
- Salesforce SaaS experience
- Sales experience (over the phone preferred)
- Windows PC experience and Microsoft Office proficiency
This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
Who We Are
Bluewave is a premier technology advisory and lifecycle management company with a comprehensive approach to optimizing clients’ ability to grow revenue, reduce costs, and improve efficiency. Bluewave streamlines the technology buying and management process for businesses of all sizes across the United States with four key services: Technology Assessment, Strategic Sourcing, Expense Management, and Operations Support. Specializing in modernizing the IT and telecom infrastructure, Bluewave partners with proven cloud, network, security, and collaboration service providers to develop the best solution while maximizing the clients’ technology investment. Learn more at www.bluewave.net.