PSR Associates, Inc.
is an IT consulting firm specializing in Staffing and Recruiting Services. People. Solutions. Results. Founded in 2003, PSR Associates, Inc. is headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with additional offices in Tampa, FL; Washington, D.C.; Charlotte, NC; Austin, TX; and Irvine, CA. Trusted, connected, experienced and fast, PSR Associates delivers the right talent to help leading companies perform at their best. DevSecOps Specialist
The selected candidate will work remotely, preferably from the state of Iowa.
We are seeking a qualified candidate for the role of DevSecOps Specialist. The DevSecOps Specialist is responsible for evolving, administering, and maintaining the CI/CD pipeline for technology systems that will effectively coordinate the development, deployment and securing of Iowa technology systems. To facilitate the CI/CD processes, the client uses Microsoft Azure DevOps, Azure Pipelines, and Bicep (for Infrastructure as Code (IaC) templates).
The client is in the initiation phase of a large, multi-year system modernization effort for the Iowa Child Welfare Division. The scope of the project includes the implementation of a modern architecture platform, hosted in a hybrid cloud environment, that will require the development of new software components as well as systems integration with existing child Welfare systems. The migration from the current systems environment to the future-state platform will involve the modernization or replacement of several legacy systems and applications as well as the evaluation and modification of hundreds of system-to-system interfaces.
The department is seeking a DevSecOps Specialist role to administer and ultimately be accountable for the productivity and efficiency of the CI/CD pipelines. This individual will serve as security engineering resource for agile application development teams of 15-20 project team members, for deployments and as a liaison to the Security Product Owner. Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge and Experience:
- Establish Microsoft Azure Pipelines that will facilitate the automated code versioning, testing and deployment of application code, as well as IaC templates, to target environments.
- Utilize Bicep to implement Infrastructure as Code (IaC) for automating the provisioning and configuration of Microsoft Azure resources.
- Providing guidance to developers in the areas of Static Analysis Security Testing (SAST) and Dynamic Analysis Security Testing (DAST).
- Coordinating with enterprise architects and technical leads of existing systems to gain alignment with the modernization roadmap.
- Implementing technical improvements to improve efficiency and repeatability of the SDLC process from development to production.
- Transforming the functional work experience between the development and operations teams by breaking down silos and unifying the delivery process.
- Broad understanding of DevOps tools and technologies (source control, continuous integration, deployment automation and orchestration).
- In-depth knowledge of static code analysis security tools, dynamic testing tools and associated processes.
- Solid understanding of application security principles and security vulnerability mitigation techniques.
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools – including Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and cloud hosting technologies.
- In-depth experience with software development lifecycle methodologies.
- Experience delivering in an agile / iterative delivery environment.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a wide range of personalities and work styles.
- Ability to break down complex tasks into actionable work items.
- Ability to work independently and communicate effectively.