Title DevSecOps Specialist Location Des Moines, IA (Remote) Rate DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission Duration 10 Months Interview Type Either Webcam Interview or In Person Job Type C2C,C2H,W2 Experience 10 Years Job Description
The DevSecOps Specialist is responsible for evolving, administering and maintaining the CI/CD pipeline for technology systems that will effectively coordinate the development, deployment and securing of Iowa HHS technology systems.
- To facilitate the CI/CD processes, Iowa HHS uses Microsoft Azure DevOps, Azure Pipelines, and Bicep (for Infrastructure as Code (IaC) templates).
- Iowa Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is in the initiation phase of a large, multi-year system modernization effort for the Iowa Child Welfare Division.
- The scope of the project includes the implementation of a modern architecture platform, hosted in a hybrid cloud environment, that will require the development of new software components as well as systems integration with existing child Welfare systems.
- The migration from the current systems environment to the future-state platform will involve the modernization or replacement of several legacy systems and applications as well as the evaluation and modification of hundreds of system-to-system interfaces.
- The department is seeking a DevSecOps Specialist role to administer and ultimately be accountable for the productivity and efficiency of the Iowa HHS CI/CD pipelines.
- This individual will serve as security engineering resource for agile application development teams of 15-20 project team members, for deployments and as a liaison to the Security Product Owner.
This individual will also be responsible for the following:
- Establish Microsoft Azure Pipelines that will facilitate the automated code versioning, testing and deployment of application code, as well as IaC templates, to target environments.
- Utilize Bicep to implement Infrastructure as Code (IaC) for automating the provisioning and configuration of Microsoft Azure resources.
- Providing guidance to developers in the areas of Static Analysis Security Testing (SAST) and Dynamic Analysis Security Testing (DAST).
- Coordinating with enterprise architects and technical leads of existing systems to gain alignment with the modernization roadmap.
- Implementing technical improvements to improve efficiency and repeatability of the SDLC process from development to production.
- Transforming the functional work experience between the development and operations teams by breaking down silos and unifying the delivery process.
A successful candidate for this role is expected to possess the following skills and experience:
- Broad understanding of DevOps tools and technologies (source control, continuous integration, deployment automation and orchestration).
- In-depth knowledge of static code analysis security tools, dynamic testing tools and associated processes.
- Solid understanding of application security principles and security vulnerability mitigation techniques.
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools – including Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and cloud hosting technologies.
- In-depth experience with software development lifecycle methodologies.
- Experience delivering in an agile / iterative delivery environment.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a wide range of personalities and work styles.
- Ability to break down complex tasks into actionable work items.
- Ability to work independently and communicate effectively.
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience Experience automating the delivery pipeline from development to production environments, including the use of continuous integration, in AZURE Required 7 Years Experience securing technology systems using Static Analysis Security Testing and Dynamic Analysis Security Testing toolsets. Required 5 Years Experience deploying and monitoring web applications in Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services cloud environments. Required 7 Years Experience with building IT solutions that adhere to multiple industry standards, compliance and regulatory requirements, and/or technology standards Required 7 Years Experience managing stakeholder expectations and priorities Required 7 Years Experience working within a project governance structure (methodology, required templates and reporting) Required 7 Years Strong process and gap analysis skills Required 7 Years Excellent task management skills, w/ the ability to multitask and manage multiple tasks with changing priorities in a cross-functional environment Required 7 Years Demonstrated experience with working with business and technical users to gather and document technical requirements Required 5 Years Demonstrate ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and project activities simultaneously while meeting established deadlines Required 10 Years Hands-on CI/CD delivery as part of large system integration projects (over $50M) Desired 5 Years Working experience with Agile Projects Desired 10 Years Demonstrated experience with managing client expectations and implementing change management initiatives Desired 5 Years