This is a remote role
The Exam Specialist contributes to the development for the AAPC’s Exam Development ecosystem, which includes creating new Certification Exams, Practice Exams, Study Guides and Courses. The role also focuses on competency mapping, blueprinting, and beta testing.
- Develop new exam questions that comprehensively assess the knowledge and skills of medical coding professionals, including proficiency in HCPCS, ICD-10, and CPT® codes.
- Assist in developing related exam products including practice exams, quizzes, review exams, practical applications, and additional content as needed.
- Lead and collaborate with subject matter experts, instructional designers, and other team members to create and modify questions that align with learning objectives and industry guidelines.
- Conduct technical and final reviews of content and serve as an internal subject matter expert.
- Participate in regular meetings and training sessions to ensure continuous improvement and knowledge-sharing with cohorts.
- Mentor individual Exam Development Committees and Exam Test Item Authors.
- Create and maintain exam competency mapping and blueprinting of certification exams.
- Research and stay current with advances in the medical coding field, as well as changes to coding guidelines and standards.
- Validate new exam questions through standard-setting, pilot testing, or other established methods of question validation.
- Coordinate and monitor Beta Testing of Certification Exams.
- Assist in additional projects and tasks as needed.
Skills & Abilities
- Communication – Communicate concisely and clearly – written and verbal.
- Detail Orientation – Demonstrate detail orientation in task completion.
- Problem Solver – Ability to solve problems in collaboration with leadership and peers.
- AAPC CORE Certification required.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with technical teams providing them with direction and support.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with nontechnical teams for understanding and training.
- Project management capabilities.
- Strong change management and communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Product Suite.
- Experience with Healthcare Revenue Management Industry.
- Experience with Membership based training organizations.
- Preferred proficiency with Project Management software.
- A second core or specialty AAPC credential.
Who we are:
AAPC (www.aapc.com) is the nation’s largest and fastest-growing training, certification, and solutions association in healthcare, supporting more than 200,000 members.
- PASSIONATE | Self-starts and stays highly motivated to achieve aggressive goals. Shares contagious energy and enthusiasm liberally. Maintains an insatiable appetite for progress and excellence
- HUMBLE | Learns, adapts, and improves relentlessly. Seeks feedback without insecurity and implements coaching. Recognizes others' contributions gratefully. Approaches work and relationships with an abundance mentality
- TRUSTWORTHY| Integrity-centered, honest, truthful, and transparent in all aspects of work. Keeps commitments to external and internal parties. Holds self strictly accountable
- RESPECTFUL | Appreciates the benefits of diversity and never discriminates. Remains open to new ideas. Places customers' and team members' interests ahead of own interests
- SCRAPPY | Rolls up sleeves and does real work. Sees opportunity and pursues full potential. Works quickly, intelligently, and flexibly. Entrepreneurial, dreams big and finds ways to accomplish the impossible
What we Offer
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Generous PTO and Holiday Pay
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Remote work-from-home option consideration
AAPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, disability, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.