Job ID 2260040
Koniag Management Solutions, a Koniag Government Services is seeking a cleared (Secret Clearance or higher) Senior Google Cloud Platform Engineer to support the GCP Team. This position is REMOTE.
We offer competitive compensation and an extraordinary benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company matching, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, three weeks paid time off, and more.
- The Senior GCP Engineer will serve on a focused, small (6 to 8 person) team to support the GCP Cloud service offerings, which will be used by the agency to modernize and migrate systems to the cloud.
- The Engineer will work closely with the Product Owner, Scrum Master, engineers, and security engineers to define and build the initial service offering as well as the roadmap for future releases.
- This position requires in-depth knowledge of GCP services and cloud computing, and the ability to communicate architectural trade-offs/design options so that the Product Owner can make informed decisions.
- The successful candidate will be a motivated team-player with the desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, exciting environment.
- This Multi-functional role will participate in and support a team that is charged with coordinating and implementing various solutions required to support the GCP Cloud.
- The team implements proof of concepts/pilots for various solutions, develops operational plans for supporting all the solutions developed, and creates documentation and implementation plans for various solutions used to access and leverage GCP.
- The team manages two offerings, one at FISMA Moderate and one at FISMA High.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following subjects: Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Technology, or related field
- Able to set the technical tone and drive the GCP team towards the common goals set for Infrastructure teams from our customer
- Passionate about identifying constraints/bottlenecks in engineering lifecycles and automating them
- Focused on building a culture of collaboration, transparency, and automation
- Experience building and supporting YAML based CI/CD pipelines, leveraging tools such as, GitlabCI, GitHub Actions, Azure DevOps, Jenkins, CircleCI, etc.
- Experience building and supporting Infrastructure as code (IaC), leveraging tools such as, Terraform, Pulumi, Ansible, Salt, Chef, Cloud Formation, etc.
- Experienced with Terraform Open Source, in CI/CD driven solutions
- Proven knowledge in PowerShell, with demonstrable ability to build and understand logical scripts, utilizing statements such as, if/else, foreach, try/catch, etc.
- Deep understanding of IaaS and PaaS services offered on cloud platforms and understand how to use them together to build complex solutions
- Research, analyze, design, propose and support the delivery of solutions that are appropriate for business and technology strategies
- Experienced with Cloud-Native and Hybrid architectures
- Able to design data, system, and component architectures; and design and share in simple language with executive leadership
- Experienced with Agile methodologies especially TDD and Scrum; Kanban is a plus
- Well versed in the DevOps lifecycle and process improvement strategies
- Proven knowledge of Change and Configuration Management best practices
- Partner with development and operations teams to develop practical automation solutions and custom modules. Troubleshoot automation issues and find practical solutions that move projects forward promptly
Must have a minimum active clearance level of Secret, Top Secret preferred.
Working Environment & Conditions
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The workload may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must be able to read, do simple math calculations and withstand moderate amounts of stress. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.
The company is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants. If you require an accommodation to navigate or to apply to a position on our website, please contact Heaven Wood via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 703-488-9377 to request accommodations. This contact information is used for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire on a status of your application.
Koniag Government Services (KGS) is an Alaska Native Owned corporation supporting the values and traditions of our native communities through an agile employee and corporate culture that delivers Enterprise Solutions, Professional Services and Operational Management to Federal Government Agencies. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Koniag, we apply our proven commercial solutions to a deep knowledge of Defense and Civilian missions to provide forward leaning technical, professional, and operational solutions. KGS enables successful mission outcomes for our customers through solution-oriented business partnerships and a commitment to exceptional service delivery. We ensure long-term success with a continuous improvement approach while balancing the collective interests of our customers, employees, and native communities. For more information, please visit www.koniag-gs.com
EOE Minorities/Female/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Shareholder Preference in accordance with Public Law 88-352
Medical Insurance Vision Insurance Dental Insurance 401k Disability Maternity Tuition Assistance