EC-Council is Hiring!
Role for Hire: Marketing Communications Specialist/ Reputation Specialist
Location: Tampa, FL, USA & On site.
EC-Council is the world’s largest cyber security technical certification body. We operate in 145 countries globally and we are the owner and developer of various world-famous cyber security programs. We are proud to have trained and certified over 220,000 information security professionals globally that have influenced the cyber security mindset of countless organizations worldwide.
To learn more about EC-Council, please visit: www.eccouncil.org.
Twitter: @ECCOUNCIL http://twitter.com/eccouncil
About the position:
- Establish and drive a multi-channel communication strategy.
- Prepare and manage all communications material.
- Develop a brand voice and maintain brand integrity across all platforms.
- Online reputation management
The key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Building, maintaining, and managing a positive online presence and reputation for the organization
· Monitoring and analyzing online content relating to the organization, including social media, search engines, blogs and communities, and online tech forums
· Facilitating strategies to maximize the impact of positive online content and minimize the impact of negative online content
· Investigating the situation and facts relating to criticisms or negative comments
· Commenting positively and responding to criticisms or negative content on social media and in online forums
· Managing the social media accounts of the organization
· Managing and reviewing online content and taking action to limit inappropriate content
· Evaluating review and survey data for trends and anomalies
· Coordinating monthly reviews and performance reporting of online content
· Using offline and online techniques to promote positive or neutral comments
· Analyzing online statistics and overall trends and subsets by site, rating, and keyword to identify ongoing trends and potential mitigation solutions
· Preventing and repairing online reputation threats
· Understanding the level of an online reputation threat and managing online identities
· Planning, strategizing, and implementing responses to online reputation threats
· Enhancing and building a reputation by measuring the effectiveness of strategies
· Establishing policies and procedures, standards, and systems that avoid any negative impacts
· Creating and publishing social media and forum posts, blog content, and positive reviews
· Developing and scheduling positive content to build trust in coordination with the Global Marketing Department
Education and Qualification Requirements
The Reputation Specialist should hold a bachelor’s degree in public or media relations, marketing, advertising, technology, or communications. Degree specializing in reputation management is preferred.
2 to 4 years’ expertise in:
- Digital marketing, social media marketing, and branding
- Mass communication
- Social listening tools
- Content development and management
- Social analytics and business intelligence tools
- Written English
- Search engine optimization
- Online Reputation Management (ORM)
- Crisis Communications
- Corporate Branding
The reputation specialist role, in conjunction with the Marketing team will be responsible for correctly reporting, making recommendations, and taking corrective actions in the following areas:
- Share of voice
- Sentiment analysis
- Media type analysis
- Social media campaign analytics
- Search engine campaign analytics
- Social media comparison
- Search engine insight
- Social media insight
Key Skills, Abilities required
- Creativity to improve the image and online reputation of the organization using pictures, videos, forums, and other means.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to find creative solutions at short notice to counter threats to the organization’s reputation.
- Oral and written communication skills
- Analytical skills to determine what content has the potential to damage the reputation of the organization and the best way to handle such content.
- Presentation and reporting skills
- Time management skills
- Discretion and diplomacy
We are an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are always committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status and we do not discriminate on the basis of such characteristics or on the basis of any other status that is protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we work.
EC-Council is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a medical condition or disability which inhibits your ability to complete any part of the application process and are in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the process, please contact us at email@example.com and let us know how we may assist you.
This is a full-time employment opportunity. To be eligible to apply for this job, you must either be a citizen of the country or have legal authorization to work in the country where this job is posted and must be residing in the same country. You may be asked to share proof of this prior to receiving an offer of employment. You are required to notify us immediately if your status changes after you have submitted your application. Failure to do so may disqualify your application.