The Network Engineer is responsible for the continuous operation of Kalitta Companies, IT infrastructure and IT operations. Will need to have broad IT knowledge and experience needed to support Kalitta companies air charter business which flies worldwide 7x24x365, as well as two turbine shops. Kalitta Companies main hub is in Ypsilanti, MI, where Kalitta Charters, Kalitta Charters II, and Kalitta Turbines are located. Kalitta also has operations in Columbus, OH (AirNet II) and Hollister, CA (DK Turbines). The Network Administrator position is located in Ypsilanti, MI with the need to travel via plane to other operations as needed.Roles and Responsibilities:
Be responsible for managing Information Technology, including all IT infrastructure & software applications necessary for all operations. Also, you will be responsible for performance & availability of IT infrastructure & applications as well as partner with the business enabling process transformation.
- Designing and implementing new network solutions and/or improving the efficiency of current networks
- Installing, configuring and supporting network equipment including routers, proxy servers, switches, WAN accelerators, DNS and DHCP
- Working with network equipment and managing subcontractors involved with network installation
- Configuring firewalls, routing and switching to maximise network efficiency and security
- Maximising network performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting
- Arranging scheduled upgrades
- Investigating faults in the network
- Updating network equipment to the latest firmware releases
- Reporting network status to key stakeholders
- VPN implementation
- Work with various teams within the companies to resolve systemic recurring issues or enhancement needs
- Fully support, configure, maintain and upgrade in house servers/network infrastructure.
- Support and administer third-party applications/ web applications as needed.
- Ensure network security and connectivity.
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, good put, and latency) and test for weaknesses
- Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords in multiple active directories.
- Resolve problems reported by end user to the helpdesk.
- Define network policies and procedures
- Specify system requirements and design solutions
- Research and make recommendations on server system administration or infrastructure upgrades.
- Available for after hour calls for any emergencies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with minimum 7+ years of experience.
- Computer science
- Computer software/computer systems engineering
- Computer systems and networks
- Electrical/electronic engineering
- Network security management
- At least 7 +years of work experience in Networking
- Aviation systems experience is highly desirable.
- Hands-on experience in 24x7x365 technical operations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with iPad and MDM solutions, AirWatch, ManageEngine a plus.
- Experience/certification with Microsoft Exchange 2016.
- Experience/certification with Microsoft Windows Server.
- Experience managing Microsoft AD/DNS/DHCP, Domains, Group Policy, and Print Management.
- Experience managing internal and external DNS.
- Experience with Windows 10 & 11
- Experience with Microsoft Office 2016 and 365
- Experience with Azure
- Experience with virtual server environments. VMWARE, HYPERVISOR. Scale Computing a plus.
- Knowledge of network infrastructure TCP/IP, LAN, CISCO devices, SDWAN, switching, routing, VLANs, VPNs, Ubiquiti, Sophos UTM XG, CAT cabling and fiber cabling.
- Experience in Aviation is favorable.
An analytical mindAn ability to learn new technologies quicklyGood time managementAn ability to follow processesStrong documentation skillsGood Communication both written and verbalBuilding informative presentationCommercial and business awarenessAnti-virus technology.
- Disaster Recovery Strategy.
- Network Security, firewalls, firewall policies.
- IP Telephony, VoIP.
- Wi-Fi standards and design.
- PC and printer troubleshooting and repair.
- SQL Experience a plus.
- Experience in the airline industry a plus.
- Ability to respond to support requests after hours and on weekends.
- Best practices with all of the above.
- Experienced in design, performance, availability and scalability of the infrastructure.
- Demonstrated understanding of virtual environments.
- Experience with VOIP such as Sangoma Phone Systems is a desirable.
- Knowledge of Airline Operations.
- Knowledge of business and financial principles and practices.
- Demonstrated company focus manages technical issues in complex, difficult, or stressful situations; evaluates decisions through the eyes of the company; builds strong inner company relationships and creates processes with viewpoint of company needs.
- Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts.
- Strong analytical, project management, and organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and to prioritize under pressure.
- Change oriented Proven track record of initiating and driving process improvements; supports and drives change, and confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways.
- Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Assistance Program
- Life Insurance/Voluntary Life Insurance - Employee, Spouse, and Child
- Unum Accident/Critical
- Flexible Spending Medical/Dependent Care
- Fidelity 401k with an Employer match
Keyword: Network Administrator