Description Of Work
Peraton Global Health and Financial Solutions sector is seeking a Network Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
This position will be located in Woodlawn, MD. Put your years of experience into a future of excellence.
This Network Engineer will be working on cutting-edge network design and operations.
This position will support various customers within Health Solutions. This is an excellent opportunity to learn, grow, and be a part of a first class organization working on complex, leading edge network technology.
Position is responsible for providing engineering expertise for complex multi-service networking. The network engineer is responsible for engineering, and supporting of the network design, deployment and operations for a large government customer located in Baltimore, Maryland. Emphasis is on implementing field installations and upgrades for nationwide deployments.
This position may require from 25% to 50% travel to various domestic customer locations.
- Survey network requirements of remote customer offices, campus buildings, and Data Centers. Define equipment, cables, adapters and configurations needed to upgrade buildings and sites to established standard.
- Analyze current network configurations and determine implementation requirements.
- Configure routing protocols, complex switch networks, and Fabric Path configurations
- Prepare network equipment for deployment by loading appropriate software and configuration setting according to preengineered design templates.
- Assemble required equipment, cables, adapters, etc. and arrange delivery to site for installation.
- Upgrade configuration of existing network equipment to support new features and functions.
- Work with field installation contractors while they are on-site and provide all technical details to complete installations.
- Continually review the customer's network and practices looking for opportunities to enhance network functionality, performance and reliability.
- Assist in the evaluation of potential network products or technical solutions.
- Test LAN/WAN equipment software (i.e.: IOS, NXOS)
- Contribute to the development of network documentation, including diagrams, standards, specifications and operating procedures.
- Monitor for opportunities to enhance the customer network/system performance or reliability.
- Monitor for opportunities to improve the customer service delivery practices.
- Perform on-going management of network installation and upgrade projects and maintain deployment schedules.
- Provide guidance to team members and provide status metrics to Government customer and Peraton management.
- Provide third-level support and troubleshooting of network problems.
- Periodically provide after-hours and weekend support.
- Maintain and extend expertise in applicable areas of network and computer hardware and software technology.
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed.
- Bachelors of Science Degree or Degree in a STEM discipline and 3 years of directly related experience or a Master's degree and one year or relevant work experience; OR 6 years of relevant work experience in lieu of a degree.
- Cisco Certified Network Engineers must possess a Cisco CCNA or equivalent level of Cisco Certification and a hands-on network experience configuring routing protocols and switching configuration in medium to large enterprise networks.
- Experience in network connectivity for Cisco LAN and WAN networking equipment and software
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis
NetVision Resources, Inc. (NVR) is a fast growing, ISO 9001, ISO 20000, CMMI DEV/2, MBE certified technology consulting and software development firm, based out of the DC Metro area. To know more, please visit www.netvisionresources.com