Evolver, a Converged Security Solutions company, is an information technology company serving the Federal, Commercial, and Legal markets that addresses client challenges in the present and transitions clients into the future by introducing efficient and effective IT solutions. With a dedicated focus on client satisfaction, Evolver has proven its value time and time again, from managing day-to-day operations to skillfully navigating the implementation and support of new technologies. Our core competencies are infrastructure, application development, cybersecurity, cloud, end-user support, data analytics and legal services.
We believe our employees are key to our success and continued growth. We attract and retain our diverse workforce by promoting a work-life balance with generous and flexible time off, competitive compensation and benefits, and a commitment to professional development. When you join our team, you join a community of talented and dedicated individuals whose abilities, skills, and actions contribute to the success of the company every day.
The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of desktop and mobile OS administration in a 24/7 operation including support of the hardware, networks, operating systems, and server-based applications software in a large Federal agency with structured change processes and a mature systems management environment. Experience with enterprise systems management for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android and Linux, including remote systems management, monitoring, configuration and security, as well as expertise in scripting and application based automated systems management functions represent the core responsibilities for this role.
- Designs server solutions utilizing common industry tools.
- Documents server environments including physical server configuration, serial numbers, maintenance information, network connections, software versions, and connections between applications and servers.
- Analyzes and recommends server and network solutions and upgrades compatible with the IT Architecture Plan.
- Monitors and troubleshoots network connectivity problems, and server OS, software, and hardware problems. Handles escalated tier 2 and 3 Help Desk issues.
- Research, tests, and updates the backup strategy to ensure there is 100% availability of critical data and applications.
- Designs, implements, and supports desktop/server environments.
- Drafts departmental technical policies and procedures related to the server environment as requested by the IT Director.
- Uses System tools to monitor reliability and performance and to ensure security standards are enforced per policy.
- Implements storage area network technologies, including data snapshots, volume copy, thin provisioning, and shadow copy.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Troubleshoot, research, and resolve major defects, questionable functions, errors, and inconsistencies in systems functions, outputs, and content.
- Quick response to system monitors, alerts, escalations and all outages
- Provide 24/7 on-call support on rotating schedule including specific designated systems.
- Study software documentation to understand our applications business and technical alignment for providing maximum support.
- Analyze statistics and Incidents to develop and execute availability improvement plans.
- Work with peers and vendors to design technical solutions to complex application issues.
- Focus on driving packaged automation scripts to Level I support and reducing manual work involved in Level II
- Focus on service restoration and reducing Mean Time To Restoration (MTTR)
- Maintain space requirements on servers.
- BA /BS or higher degree in computer science, information technology or related filed from an accredited university.
- 3 years of experience with tools such as and/or similar to JIRA, BigFix Management Services, JAMF Apple Management, and Beyond Trust Remote Access.
- 3 Years of technical experience related to IT QA in service delivery, including Change Management, ability to understand program requirements, modifying or development of appropriate standards and procedures, thorough understanding of QA testing validation process and the capability to extract pertinent information for reporting.
- HDI Support Center Manager Certification (Required to obtain within six months of starting)
- Ability to pass and obtain government required background investigation.
- US Citizen or permanent resident
- NIH experience
- ITIL4 Cert
- HDI Institute certifications
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and can work under tight deadlines
- Have very good analytical troubleshooting skills in IT help desk support at a Tier I level.
- Have working or similar knowledge of the following application and tools: (Microsoft Office 365 and its popular apps, Adobe, ServiceNow/Remedy, VDI systems, Call center tools, VPNs, SPOK, BeyondTrust Secure Remote Access, JAMF Apple Management and Symantec Management Console.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate to leadership, peers and subordinates.
- 5 years of experience with tools such as and/or similar to JIRA, BigFix Management Services, JAMF Apple Management, Beyond Trust Remote Access and SPOK mobile messaging Application
- 5 Years of technical experience related to IT QA in service delivery, including Change Management, ability to understand program requirements, modifying or development of appropriate standards and procedures, thorough understanding of QA testing validation process and the capability to extract pertinent information for reporting.
- Skills, including proficiency with Microsoft (MS) Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Outlook), Adobe, MS Teams, Google Meet, Remedy/ServiceNow, software deployment (SCCM), Active Directory, and Citrix.
- Familiarity with API documentation for REST or .NET APIs.