At FreeWire, we fundamentally change the way businesses and utilities electrify. We build battery-based energy storage systems that provide clean and quiet power anywhere it’s needed, reducing the cost and accelerating deployment of electric vehicle charging infrastructure. FreeWire’s solutions are evolving from providing ultrafast EV charging services to a full suite of energy services to accelerate sustainable electrification and provide resiliency to customers and a distributed power source to utilities. FreeWire has secured major strategic investors from Fortune 100 companies and serves leading corporate, utility, and retail customers. The feedback on the Boost Charger, FreeWire’s DC fast charger, has been overwhelmingly positive as we electrify locations that would have been too expensive to power on using conventional charging solutions. Utilities are releasing RFPs with requests for battery backed solutions, their regulatory teams are including our technology as eligible for incentives, and they are seeking cost effective solutions as they electrify their fleets and provide utility owned charging solutions for the public.
FreeWire has deployed battery-integrated chargers with Fortune 100 companies, commercial customers, fleets, retail locations, and gas stations. In addition to its partnership with bp pulse, FreeWire and am/pm, a bp subsidiary and convenience store chain with over 1,000 locations, have already deployed multiple public charging stations in the U.S. FreeWire’s regulatory affairs and policy team keeps customers up to date on federal, state, and utility incentive opportunities, which in some cases cover up to 80% of the cost of the charging station, and the company recently announced that the Boost Charger is Buy America compliant. Learn more at www.freewiretech.com and follow us @FreeWireTech.
Sr. Platform Software Engineer
We are seeking an experienced Sr. Platform Software Engineer to join our Platform Engineering team. As a Sr. Platform Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining the core cloud platform capabilities that supports our organization's software applications and services. This role requires a strong foundation in DevSecOps, experience with public cloud offerings (preferably AWS), and a deep understanding of distributed systems and platform engineering. Experience in IoT, energy storage or EV charging architectures is a plus.
- Design, develop, and maintain the core platform infrastructure to support our software applications and services.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including software engineers, architects, and product managers, to understand requirements and develop scalable platform capabilities such as CI/CD, scalability, availability, etc.
- Optimize platform performance, scalability, cost, and reliability to handle increasing user demands and workloads.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and emerging technologies related to platform development and evaluate their potential impact on our systems.
- Collaborate with DevOps teams to ensure proper deployment, monitoring, and maintenance of platform infrastructure in cloud environments.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of technical documentation, including architectural diagrams, design specifications, and operational procedures.
- Participate in code reviews, providing constructive feedback to peers and promoting best practices for software development.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Strong proficiency in Java.
- Proven experience as a software engineer, with a focus on platform development, distributed systems, and data storage at scale.
- Solid understanding of distributed systems, microservices architecture, and cloud platforms (preferably AWS).
- Experience with developing and maintaining observability capabilities.
- Familiarity with infrastructure-as-code tools (e.g., Terraform, CloudFormation) and configuration management tools (e.g., Ansible, Chef).
- Knowledge of database systems, both SQL and NoSQL, and their integration with platform components.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze complex technical challenges.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and adapt to a fast-paced, evolving development environment.
FreeWire Offers Competitive Benefits, Including
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog Friendly
We provide compensation packages that include base pay, benefits and equity, and it is not typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role. Actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including location, skills, and experience level.
At FreeWire Technologies, we offer fair and equal opportunities to all our candidates and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability status, parental status protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. FreeWire Technologies believes in hiring individuals only based on their qualifications and experiences that meet our business requirements to fill the positions.
Compensation: From $140,000.00 to $180,000.00 per year