Desired Hiring Date:
Oct 312022Job Summary
The Safety and Security Director will plan and coordinate safety and security operations and oversee security department for the organization. Enforce security protocols and policies; management and development of security personnel, conducting relevant safety trainings for staff and tenants.Essential Job Responsibilities
- Reviews, revises, maintains, and implements the organization’s, safety, and security policies and procedures. Oversee day-to-day security operations, enforce policies/ and protocols outlined my TRC leadership.
- Responsible for management of and of security supervisors/ officers including selection, scheduling, payroll, development and support. Properly allocate security resources for daily scheduled events.
- Investigate workplace violence, thefts, coordinate security efforts, security risks, and threats. Drafts, Review, submit incident reports for proper record keeping.
- Act as liaison between TRC organization and external security staffing companies.
- Monitor surveillance equipment. Observe and detect all illegal activity on site including internal and external security issues.
- Assist building management in CPR training fire /life safety issues including bomb threat procedures and active shooter training
- Coordinates with local law enforcement and safety staff as required supporting and/or conducting investigations.
- Conducts performance evaluations for security staff that are timely and constructive.
Experience And Education Requirements
- Extensive knowledge of fire prevention, safety, and security operations.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- At least 10 years of law enforcement, safety/security experience required.
- 5 years of supervisor/ management experience.
- Advanced training or certification in safety and security preferred.
- Background in surveillance with some knowledge in CCTV and card access systems
TRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No employee, or applicant for employment, shall be discriminated against in any term or condition of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are constantly striving to make our organization anti-racist. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values. As an employee, you become part of that mission. We expect this same commitment from our staff.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
- Ability to travel throughout facility as required to conduct safety inspections
- This role is Onsite at The Riverside Church of the City of New York campus.
Powered by JazzHR