The Connecticut Information Sharing System (CISS) provides an integrated solution for the sharing of criminal justice information (CJI) within the Connecticut criminal justice agencies, in full compliance with the current versions of both the state and federal CJIS Security Policies. Governor Malloy has stated that the CJIS Governing Board's projects were among his highest priorities. In order to show progress and visibility, the CJIS team needs a Network Engineer
SCOPE OF WORK
The Network Engineer will support DAS/BEST as a tiger team member in implementing the CISS Application. This position requires participation in project meetings, network setup, monitoring, day-to-day operational support and troubleshooting in all environments.
Specific Services Required
The Skills Required For This Position Are
The individual who fills this position should have a solid Network Engineering background with the skills and the abilities to foster and ensure cooperation and coordination among the various CJIS partners.
- Provide Network Engineering support as it relates to the CISS Project
- Turning Up the CJIS equipment in SDC
- Rack and Stack equipment
- Upgrade Software code as required on Network switches
- Provide VPC configuration and Fabric Path design work
- Install FEXs installations and configurations as required
- Support the CJIS 5k Fabric Path implementation / conversion GDC & SDC
- Implementation support of the HiperV to CJIS equipment and Network
- Provide sniffer traces and troubleshooting diagnostic as required for CISS Project
- Support, troubleshooting & Updates to PSDN-connected routers (CJRT & SPRT) statewide that are providing Network connectivity for Municipal Police Departments
- Provide guidance to CT municipal Police Departments on connecting their LAN to statewide PSDN/WAN networks for connectivity to CJIS applications like CISS
- Break fix support
- Respond to CJIS / CISS FootPrints Network tickets and resolve
- Attend meetings related to the CISS project
- This is a 6-month engagementConsultant needs to be on site
- Will take direction from DAS/BEST Networking
- May need to be called for weekend work or Network troubleshooting, not to exceed 40 hours in any given week.
Required / Skills & Experience
The candidate must have the following skills or experience:
- CCNA Level certification
- Demonstrated experience on CISCO IOS CLI (Command line interface)
- Optical Service Provider experiences
- Creation of Visio drawings
- What's Up and Cisco Prime Suite ( Central, Networking, Provisioning, Infrastructure, Optical
Routers: Cisco IOS Routers and Switches, Nexus Switches and ASR Routers
Routing Protocol: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP.
LAN Protocol: VLAN, PVLAN, VTP, Inter-VLAN routing, ISL, dot1q, STP,SIP LDAP, IGMP, RSTP, MSTP, IPVST, LACP, HSRP, GLBP, VPC, VDC, Ethernet, Port security.
WAN Technology: ASE, Frame Relay, ATM, WAAS, PPP, ICMP, WiSM Module in 6509, L2VPN, L3VPN, T1/DS1/DS3/OC3, Opt-e-MAN
Network Management: SNMP v2, v3, Syslog, Netflow Analyser, Sniffer, Wireshark, Cisco Works, Enterasys, Netcool, What's-Up, Solar Winds, Orion.
AAA Architecture: TACACS+, RADIUS, Cisco ACS. ISE
Application Protocols: DHCP, DNS, FTP, HTTP, SMTP, TFTP
Documentation: Microsoft Office, Visio, Excel
Meetings: Attend project & design meetings
Does this position require travel?
Candidate may be expected to travel to offsite meetings, Municipal Police Departments, or DESPP remote sites approximately 1 day per work-week on average. Travel may vary according to production schedule.
Any and all travel that could be involved with this position will not be reimbursed
by CJIS or the State of CT. Travel reimbursement is the responsibility of the respective vendor.
Candidate must be local or willing to commute or relocate.
Candidate Must Be Local
Additional Location Details (City, State) :
Minimum Verification Requirements
CJIS does their own background checks. You will need to set up an appointment and wait for clearance.
Professional License: Does this position require a professional license validation?
To Order, Click On The Link To The Right
Order Standard Background Verification
Type Category Qualification Description Competency Required Skills Networking CCNA Proficient (4-6 Years) Yes