: Network Operations Center Administrator
: Hartford, CT
: 10+ years of experience required. Local profiles only!
Scope Of Work
The Network Engineer will support DAS/BEST as a tiger team member in implementing the CISS Application. This position requires participation in project meetings, network setup, monitoring, day-to-day operational support and troubleshooting in all environments.
Specific Services Required
The individual who fills this position should have a solid Network Engineering background with the skills and the abilities to foster and ensure cooperation and coordination among the various CJIS partners. The skills required for this position are:
- Provide Network Engineering support as it relates to the CISS Project
- Turning Up the CJIS equipment in SDC
- Rack and Stack equipment
- Upgrade Software code as required on Network switches
- Provide VPC configuration and Fabric Path design work
- Install FEXs installations and configurations as required
- Support the CJIS 5k Fabric Path implementation / conversion GDC & SDC
- Implementation support of the HiperV to CJIS equipment and Network
- Provide sniffer traces and troubleshooting diagnostic as required for CISS Project
- Support, troubleshooting & Updates to PSDN-connected routers (CJRT & SPRT) statewide that are providing Network connectivity for - Municipal Police Departments
- Provide guidance to CT municipal Police Departments on connecting their LAN to statewide PSDN/WAN networks for connectivity to CJIS applications like CISS
- Break fix support
- Respond to CJIS / CISS Foot Prints Network tickets and resolve
- Attend meetings related to the CISS project
- Will take direction from DAS/BEST Networking
- May need to be called for weekend work or Network troubleshooting, not to exceed 40 hours in any given week.
Required / Skills & Experience
- CCNA Level certification
- Demonstrated experience on CISCO IOS CLI (Command line interface)
- Optical Service Provider experiences
- Creation of Visio drawings
- What's Up and Cisco Prime Suite ( Central, Networking, Provisioning, Infrastructure, Optical
: Cisco IOS Routers and Switches, Nexus Switches and ASR Routers
: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP.
: VLAN, PVLAN, VTP, Inter-VLAN routing, ISL, dot1q, STP,SIP LDAP, IGMP, RSTP, MSTP, IPVST, LACP, HSRP, GLBP, VPC, VDC, Ethernet, Port security.
: ASE, Frame Relay, ATM, WAAS, PPP, ICMP, WiSM Module in 6509, L2VPN, L3VPN, T1/DS1/DS3/OC3, Opt-e-MAN
: SNMP v2, v3, Syslog, Netflow Analyser, Sniffer, Wireshark, Cisco Works, Enterasys, Netcool, What's-Up, Solar Winds, Orion.
: TACACS+, RADIUS, Cisco ACS. ISE
: DHCP, DNS, FTP, HTTP, SMTP, TFTP
: Microsoft Office, Visio, Excel
: Attend project & design meetings
Networking-CCNA- Proficient (4-6 Years)-Yes