Project Manager PMO Supporting Treasury, Lottery and Gaming
This position is for a Senior Project Manager (PM3) to assist the State of Michigan Project Management Office supporting Department of Treasury, Lottery and Gaming with a multi-year high priority project. This role, as part of the DTMB Enterprise Portfolio Management Office (EPMO), works closely with DTMB Agency Services technical teams as well as with agency executives/stakeholders in the delivery of TREAS APPS PCI Compliance Project for 2023 2024 in work related to the following controls: secure network, account management, incident response planning and completion of SAQ-A. This senior PM will also work in the delivery of PCI Compliance Projects for 2023 2024 iterative process to ensure that State of Michigan (SOM) has implemented policies, procedures, and secure system configurations in accordance with the PCI-DSS requirements which are designed to protect cardholder data. This project covers the project management efforts and high-level technical guidance efforts for the Enterprise level technical compliance.
The candidate must be comfortable working in a fast paced, multi-vendor deployment supporting a hybrid workforce (combination of on-site and remote work) at all levels of the organization. Applicants should possess exceptional communication and follow up skills along with significant experience in formal IT project management. This position requires the PM to be working in person for 2-3 days a week and remainder can be work from home.
- Utilize the State of Michigan's Project Portfolio Management Tool (Clarity) to prepare project schedules, assign resources and management budgets.
- Prepare information for presentations geared to various audiences ranging from executives, managers and project team members.
- Accountable for monitoring, controlling, and communicating project progress by actively managing the cost, schedule, scope, resources, quality, and risks.
- Accountable and responsible for clear, timely, and accurate communications with stakeholders, particularly the project sponsors, project team members, program managers, and Treasury/DTMB management, on the status of the project, using appropriate communication methods.
- Responsible for providing leadership and fostering collaborative participation between the technical and business teams by obtaining consensus and gaining commitment.
- Responsible for working with the project team members to develop and maintain the following key SUITE Project Management Methodology (PMM) deliverables throughout the project lifecycle:
- Project Charter - Project Schedule Project Budget - Communication Plan - Project Status Report - Risk and Issue Management Plans - Change Requests - Project Closedown Summary
- Responsible for managing interfaces related communication with other agencies
- Responsible for ensuring the project adheres to the SUITE PMM and System Engineering Methodology (SEM), including appropriate and timely transitions through the stages and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Responsible for facilitating and enforcing the Change Management process (Change Requests) when the project deviates from the approved scope, schedule, or budget. This includes ensuring all Change Requests have appropriate approval before action is taken or information is updated.
- Responsible for creating project Corrective Action Plans (CAP) when necessary for projects in yellow or red status.
- Responsible for understanding the project benefits and the impact of change requests to the benefits business cases. Responsible for ensuring related project artifacts are updated accordingly.
- Responsible for reviewing and understanding vendor contracts to actively manage the vendor deliverables and adherence to the vendor deliverable approval procedure.
- Facilitates the interactions among stakeholders by clarifying the expectations of all participants and ensuring all deliverables are assigned, reviewed, and completed.
In-depth knowledge of and experience in IT project management, including industry standard and best practices.
Proven record for delivering projects on time and on budget in a formal project manager role
Experience establishing and maintaining project budgets, schedules, change requests, risk and issue logs
Experience developing and delivering project status
Experience using a project portfolio management systems and tools (eg.) Clarity
Good working knowledge of MSProject
Experience handling variety of stakeholders and system owners from other departments/program areas.
Experience managing multi-vendor environment in a government environment.
Experience managing IRS/PCI environment.
Vendor must not have non-compete requirements in place as staff may be provided an opportunity to join State full time if interested after a year.