As a Systems Administrator at Specular Theory, you will be crucial in maintaining and optimizing our hardware and software infrastructure. Your responsibilities will include troubleshooting technical issues, implementing security measures, managing system updates, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to support the development of VR training solutions. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in systems administration. Working with VR technologies and knowledge of DoD Cybersecurity requirements is a big bonus.
- Maintain and monitor the company's hardware and software systems to ensure optimal performance and reliability.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, and network issues in a timely manner.
- Perform routine system maintenance tasks, including system updates, backups, and patches.
- Collaborate with the development team to provide technical support during the creation and testing of our gaming PC-based Virtual Realty training simulations.
- Implement and enforce cybersecurity measures to protect sensitive data and comply with DoD Cybersecurity requirements.
- Develop and maintain system documentation, including configuration guides, user manuals, and standard operating procedures.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry trends to make recommendations for system enhancements and improvements.
- Manage and maintain software applications, including updates, patches, and licenses.
- Conduct regular backups and implement disaster recovery plans to safeguard critical data.
- Evaluate and recommend hardware and software solutions to meet company requirements.
- Administer user accounts, access controls, and permissions across various systems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to provide technical support and resolve system-related issues.
- Document system configurations, procedures, and troubleshooting steps.
- Stay up to date with the latest industry trends, technologies, and best practices.
- Install, configure, and maintain servers, workstations, and network equipment.
- Monitor system performance and troubleshoot issues to ensure high availability and reliability.
- Proven experience as a Systems Administrator or similar role, preferably in game development.
- Strong knowledge of hardware and software systems, including servers, networks, operating systems, and databases.
- Solid understanding of networking protocols, security principles, and best practices.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Familiarity with database administration (e.g., MySQL, SQL Server) and web server management.
- Understanding of network protocols, firewalls, and security best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Experience implementing and maintaining cybersecurity measures, preferably in accordance with DoD Cybersecurity requirements.
- Certification in systems administration or relevant technology (e.g., Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator, Cisco Certified Network Associate).
- Knowledge of DoD Cybersecurity policies and frameworks (e.g., NIST SP 800-171, Risk Management Framework).
- Experience working in a SCRUM or Agile software development environment.
- Experience working with JIRA Confluence, Azure DevOps, MS Teams, Unity, C#, PostgreSQL, and Windows Server.
- Some Dev Ops experience