Information Technology Manager, Mid-Atlantic
AKA Hotels+Hotel Residences is seeking a well-rounded IT generalist with experience in a hotel or hospitality-related industry, have relevant certifications or equivalent experience, and be willing to travel to properties within Washington DC and Philadelphia up to 50% of the time.
The ideal candidate has a broad understanding of various software and hardware programs and experience maintaining property infrastructure, systems, equipment, networks: computers, printers, Internet connections, televisions, cabling, cloud-based authentication, email and file services (in conjunction with the AKA and Korman Corporate IT teams), audio/visual systems, CCTV systems, WiFi, and phone systems for both guests and office administrative. Ultimately, this role will maintain all networks associated with the hotels and hotel residences and ensures security and connectivity for guests and team members.
Team Member Responsibilities:
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the information technology function, plan, organize work and configuration, and review program files and data files on the computer systems to ensure maximum operating efficiency.
- Understand all standards and customized features and functions of the hotel front office systems, point of sale systems, and other systems, including but not limited to system security, system reports, manager functions, system utilities, and user functions.
- Manage and maintain all computer hardware and operating systems in compliance with the Corporate Security Policies and Procedures.
- Manage and maintain vendor relationships and contracts.
- Implements new technologies at the property as needed working with the Director of Implementations for new openings and property transitions across the AKA portfolio as needed.
- Monitor the performance of software/applications and maintain performance reports and responding in a timely manner to all assigned tickets, providing support to end users for all property technology both hardware and software.
- Install and test corporate-approved program changes to the hotel computer systems.
- Monitor and maintain all internet connections and interfaces to ensure maximum availability.
- Control the key/lock for the computer room and ensure that the computer room fire protection, temperature control, and power requirements meet the company security specification as described in company security system standards.
- Establish documents, test, and communicate appropriate emergency procedures to follow when any hotel computer systems are inoperable.
- Work closely with the Engineering department to ensure the proper maintenance of all in-room technology.
- Work closely with Design and Construction on new area acquisitions and renovations.
- Develop, manage and maintain the information technology department budget (in conjunction with Corporate IT).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Job Duties:
- As hospitality is a 24/7/365 business, IT Manager must be available to support our team members when they need it. Please expect to be part of the on-call rotation, with occasional nights, holidays, and weekends when projects necessitate it.
- Although based at a particular AKA property and Region, IT Multi-Property Manager is expected to travel as needed to support other AKA/Korman properties. Assume 50% travel.
- Special projects as assigned by management or corporate.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in fields related to information technology from an accredited four-year college or university or five years’ experience. Advanced degree in information technology highly preferred.
- Previous experience in hotel or hospitality-related IT role.
- A+ Certification or equivalent experience.
- CCNA Certification or equivalent experience.
- Good command of the English language, both verbal and written.
- Fluent in various software and hardware programs with recent training and experience.
- Remain current in knowledge of hotel technology.
- Experience with phone systems, Wi-Fi hardware, fiber software, and hardware, and daily use of office equipment such as printers, copy machines, and fax machines.
- Ability to work in a variety of environments and to stand, walk, and climb as needed.
Our Team Members enjoy very generous PTO; Health; Dental; Vision benefit plans and 401(k) with Company match. We recognize and promote top performers because we know that our success is due to your achievements.
AKA Hotels + Hotel Residences is a part of Korman Communities, a family owned and operated company, we consider our Team Members the most important asset. With over 100 years of history and experience behind us we’re always looking for Team Members ready to join our family.
AKA Hotels provide short-stay accommodations with a high-quality, livable experience. Now for the first time, the friendly service and attention to detail travelers have come to expect from AKA Residences is available for nightly and weekly stays.