Senior Systems Engineer/ Operational Sr. Support Engineer
SealingTech is looking for an experienced engineer who likes to spend part of their time off keyboard performing some management tasks. With your engineering hat on, you’ll be helping our customer innovate new ways to perform and accomplish their mission. The customer has a unique mission that requires people who can think creatively and tackle a problem from a variety of angles. The customer is continually testing out new ideas to see how to progress the overall program. Someone with an interest in computer hardware will be very beneficial here, although anyone who likes to tinker in general will be successful.
With your management hat on, you’ll be expected to lead small teams of engineers and perform other general managerial support tasks. You will be providing operational support for deployed teams and working with a variety of vendors to ensure mission success. This position is truly the best of both worlds.
- 8 to 12 years of engineering experience.
- A firm working understanding of a wide range of technology (hardware, network, and software).
- Very organized, able to track and provide direct oversight of a variety of simultaneous small projects.
- Proficient at both verbal and written communication. Have the ability to write and/or contribute to technical documents as required.
- The ability to work directly with a highly technical customer and provide great customer service.
- The ability to successfully work with people with a variety of skill levels and backgrounds.
- Power user or higher knowledge of Linux (especially using the CLI).
- Ability to travel within the United States < 15% of the time.
- The ability to support other tasks and requirements as the customer requires.
- US Citizen
- Active TOP SECRET/SCI clearance.
- A working knowledge of any programming or scripting language.
- Any experience supporting the military.
- A background in defensive cyber operations.
You will be working in an unclassified commercial office space (yes you can have your phone most of the time). You’ll be expected to be on site most days, but there is the potential for remote work 1 day a week.
Working is no longer solely about the job. Here at Sealing Tech, we understand your happiness and health is vital to our success. We are innovative in our approach to cultivating balanced work environments and offer a plethora of added perks. Sealing Tech offers competitive compensation packages, health, dental, and vision insurance, retirement contributions, continuing education budgets, tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, and generous vacation policies. Other perks include monthly catered meals, a stocked kitchen, and company retreats and gatherings. Plus, flexible work arrangements, pet friendly offices and quarterly merit bonuses for qualified employees. We are looking for a new member to join our team, take on challenges, be innovative and willing to grow with us. BUILD, SECURE, SOLVE