Systems Engineer/ Operational Support Engineer
SealingTech is looking for a mid-level engineer who likes each day to be a little bit different from the last. You’ll be helping our customer innovate new ways to perform and accomplish their mission. Someone with an interest in computer hardware will be very beneficial here, although anyone who likes to tinker in general will be successful. Our customer has a unique mission that will ensure that each day is different from the last. This position will require you to think creatively and solve problems that you’re unlikely to have encountered before.
If you have a working knowledge of several of these, you’re what we’re looking for: networking, computer hardware, python, ansible, virtualization, incident response, security onion, etc.
- 4 to 8 years of engineering experience.
- Working knowledge of two or more of these areas: Networking, Computer/Server Hardware, Python, Ansible, Virtualization, Incident Response, and Security Onion.
- Organized and able to manage competing priorities.
- Working knowledge of Linux (Red Hat is preferred but anything will do). Emphasis on use of the command line.
- The ability to research and solve problems that you are not familiar with.
- The ability to work directly with a highly technical customer and provide great customer service.
- The ability to successfully work with people with a variety of skill levels and backgrounds.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to travel within the United States < 15% of the time.
- The ability to support other tasks and requirements as the customer requires.
- Have or the ability to obtain a TOP SECRET/SCI clearance.
- US Citizen
- A working knowledge of any programming or scripting language.
- Any experience supporting the military.
Work Environment: You will be working in an unclassified commercial office space (yes, you can have your phone most of the time). You’ll be expected to be on site most days, but there is the potential for remote work 1 day a week.
Working is no longer solely about the job. Here at Sealing Tech, we understand your happiness and health is vital to our success. We are innovative in our approach to cultivating balanced work environments and offer a plethora of added perks. Sealing Tech offers competitive compensation packages, health, dental, and vision insurance, retirement contributions, continuing education budgets, tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, and generous vacation policies. Other perks include monthly catered meals, a stocked kitchen, and company retreats and gatherings. Plus, flexible work arrangements, pet friendly offices and quarterly merit bonuses for qualified employees. We are looking for a new member to join our team, take on challenges, be innovative and willing to grow with us. BUILD, SECURE, SOLVE