Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.Overview
As a member of our Sales Strategy and Operations team, you will have an integral role in driving the insights, operations, and strategy that enables Sales to run better, faster, and smarter. Sales Strategy and Operations is an excellent platform to learn how a business really runs. Prior candidates that our leadership team has worked with have gone on to be VPs and COOs of companies.
You will be joining the Sales Strategy and Operations team as a high impact contributor, gaining exposure to a wide variety of challenges, processes, and data that makes the engine of this Sales organization hum. You will lead cross-functional initiatives from ideation to analytics to recommendations to drive impact across the sales organization.Responsibilities
Strategy & ops partnership with leadership
- Serve as the strategy and operations partner with our sales leadership
- Our mandate is to make the sales motion run more effectively, efficiently, and ultimately drive higher bookings at sustainable cost
- This requires a mix of analytical skills, nose for value, operational chops, and communication when operating with significant autonomy in a fast-paced environment
- What this role entails:
- Be the strategy and operational partner with sales leaders
- Help the sales leaders to develop their strategies, as well as the tactics that underpin these strategies
- Partner with sales leaders to operationalize the strategy on a daily basis
- Identify pain points in the sales motion and workflows could be improved
- Scope out solutions and implement directly or serve as a product manager with our team's software engineers on automation solutions
Be the glue that connects sales reps to the rest of the business
- Develop analytical tools that help the sales team to sell strategically and better-understand their business
- Scope and execute analytical special projects that help us better understand our business and what drives success. Apply these learnings to drive operational changes in the business
- Understand how the sales team workflows connect with other parts of the business (marketing, product, supply chain, finance, etc.)
- Relay insights from the sales team to other parts of the org, provide the sales perspective to these other stakeholders, and make connections between the sales team and other teams
- High-impact self-starter: you take initiative to move projects forward and can operate well with little guidance. You’re excited by the possibility of leading cross-functional workstreams and generating buy-in among senior leadership.
- Raw smarts: we are looking for people who can look at complex problems and solve them start to finish.
- Strong analytical skills: you nerd out about data, can quickly structure analyses to answer key business questions to drive decision-making, and will also have perspectives on building the right data architecture. Excel skills are a must; SQL / Tableau / Looker experience a plus.
- Process and operational thinking: you can tackle a problem independently and quickly iterate to a solution, and then also document it in a way that's easy to understand for all audiences. Previous Salesforce experience is a plus.
- Communication and stakeholder management: you'll need to be able to connect with sales reps and hardware engineers alike to figure out how we build the right processes and workflows to drive efficiency while also giving us the data to measure how we're doing. Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Flexibility and hustle: you manage change and ambiguity well, and have no problems juggling multiple priorities while executing in a fast-paced environment. You’re comfortable pivoting quickly and often.
- 5+ years of professional experience, ideally in consulting, banking, private equity, corporate strategy, or a startup. Bachelors or masters from a top school preferred.
- Previous Sales, Sales Operations, or Strategy experience is a plus.
$130,000 - $210,000 a yearEmployee Pay Disclosure
At Verkada, we want to attract and retain the best employees, and compensate them in a way that appropriately and fairly values their individual contribution to the company. With that in mind, we carefully consider a number of factors to determine the appropriate starting pay for an employee, including their primary work location and an assessment of a candidate’s skills and experience, as well as market demands and internal parity. For this role, Verkada estimates a starting annual base salary will fall in the range of approximately $130,000 – 210,000. This estimate can vary based on the factors described above, so the actual starting annual base salary may be above or below this range. Annual base salary is also just one component of Verkada’s total rewards package. A Verkada employee may be eligible for additional forms of compensation, depending on their role, including sales incentives, discretionary bonuses, and/or equity in the company in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).US Employee Benefits
Verkada is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all employees and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
- Healthcare programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs - Premiums are 100% covered for the employee under most plans and 80% for family premiums
- Nationwide medical, vision and dental coverage
- Health Saving Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with tax saving options
- Expanded mental health support
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
- Time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, firmwide extended holidays, flexible PTO and personal sick time
- Professional development stipend
- Wellness/fitness benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
As an equal opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.